PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Oh well, didn't get the Email until after 9:00 this morning, and just opened it. Was changing my cart and they're sold out. So going to pass. The $75 deal isn't worth the pipe selection for me. The tins are nothing I'd order and can get a nicer pipe for $50 on Ebay. The goodie bag was the prize. I'm surprised that the notice wasn't given for :01 rush. Going for the 10% at SP and the SJF. There's always next year.
Craig

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
If you're on the email list and not getting the emails, please check your spam folder. Some browsers automatically will junk anything having to do with tobaccos or tobacco-related products.

If you don't find them there, call customer service at 1-800-494-9144 and we can help you get the problem cleared up.
Russ

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Trailboss, you're quoting the email from SPC, not P &C.

I got the email, and betook myself instantly to P&C's website. Frankly, I was so thrilled with the selection that I didn't care if I got the goody bag. The Nanna Ivarsson Stanwell was a real find for me. I've been in love with Stanwells since I got my first one in 1969. For factory pipes they do pretty good work. That alone was worth the deal, but the tobaccos and accessories just sweetened the pot a bit.

When the package arrived today, less than 24 hours after placing my order, and I saw that I had gotten one of the goody bags, I was like a little kid in a candy shop. OK, a big kid in a pipe shop. I spread everything out on the table and just admired all the stuff that $75 would buy. So-- kudos to P&C for a superlative way to celebrate our special day--they really did it up right.

So, just in case anybody's interested, here's what I snagged for $75, and I'm one happy camper.
ravkesef
[/url][/img]

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Like a few others, I typically place a big order once a month, and then one or two smaller orders through the month. Totaling somewhere in the $75 to $100 per month. I wanted a calendar in early January, and didn't get one due to my order being too small. I contacted them via email and explained that my orders a week prior were well over the $75 mark. They then sent me a calendar in the mail.
I ordered an under the $75 threshold amount on the 20th, and didn't really pick up on whether there was a goody bag this year or an minimum amount until the announcement email arrived later that morning.
Sometimes that is how it rolls......
All in all, they are nice folks over there and the goody bag is a prize and not an expectation.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I also did not get an email. Thats why I was on the phone minuets after they opened. They told me they were having problems with the banner. Then the site said they were out of bags 5min after they started. I was back on the phone 11min after they opened...I got my bag,but I was hustling for it.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I would hold my horses if I were you, meeting the free shipping threshold will put an extra tin or two in your cart.
true. But it never seems to work out quite like it should.....

Status
Not open for further replies.