Goodbye Presbyterian Mixture? Fact of Fiction?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I heard a rumor on another board that Presbyterian Mixture is being withdrawn from the U.S. market.
I realize P&C recently came out with a MATCH version; however, if the above is true I'd like to round out the cellar with more before they disappear.
Has anyone else heard the same rumor about the demise of Presbyterian in the U.S.?

May 31, 2012
It's hard to tell fact from fiction in these days of wild hype and rampant rumor.
I don't know anything about it.
You could email or write the manufacturer and see if you get a response:
info@plantatabak.de
PLANTA Tabak-Manufaktur

Postfach 61 01 15

10921 Berlin
...I'm not sure who the US distributor is,

that'd probably be easier.
Sometimes a rumor gets started and it just snowballs,

you never really know until you get an announcement

or official word like what happened in this thread:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/escudo-discontinued
:puffy:

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"...I'm not sure who the US distributor is..."
It was James Norman Ltd. who used to be located in New York City (at least according to the label on the back of a Presbyterian Mixture tin in my cellar). The only contact information I could find for them this evening is:
James Norman Ltd.

218 South Van Brunt Street

Englewood, New Jersey 07631
I hope that this is helpful.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
The Match is great, so it matters not to me as long as there is Match Presbyterian and BSOSM. Two incredible values.

May 31, 2012
I have some tins in my cellar I'd sell for a mere $100 each.
:wink:
LOL
That's not very Presbyterian of you!

:lol:
Wiki sayeth:

Presbyterians generally exhibit their faith in action as well as words, by generosity, hospitality, and the constant pursuit of social justice and reform...

:)

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I appreciate the contact information and will reach out directly to the manufacturer and distributor here in the U.S. to try and confirm or deny the rumor that is swirling about.
In the interim I went ahead and ordered a dozen tins this morning for good measure. I have been meaning to place another order to restock my cellar of this blend for quite some time, but since I have a few tins remaining I kept procrastinating. If nothing else news of this rumor at least prompted me to grab some more.
...I still want to try the MATCH version.
Thanks guys!

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I hope not. Presbyterian, McConnel Oriental and John Cotton No. 1 make up most of what I smoke.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
In addition to the contact info above, my tin has an email address:
jamesnorman@aol.com

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
P&C came out with the match version but were not continuing to stock presbyterian anymore due to costs. It was talked about in an earlier thread.

http://www.4noggins.com/presbyterian.aspx 4noggins still has it, I'd email Rich and ask him what's up.

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
Thanks for the update huntertrw! I can cross contacting them off this week's "to do" list.
I just opened my shipment of a dozen tins right before reading this. I should be good to go and have enough of this blend now until they really do discontinue it! Ha. Better safe than sorry...or something like that.
Time to fire up a bowl in my favorite meerschaum. The bowl is sculpted into the shape of John Knox's head. Weird coincidence.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I just had a long discussion with the US Importer of Presbyterian and there is absolutely no truth to this rumor. Presbyterian Mixture is alive and well and there are no future plans of it being discontinued.
So to all the Yentas spreading this rumor.....CUT IT OUT!!!
Rich

4noggins.com

Status
Not open for further replies.