PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm going to have to throw out my pipe boxes. I always save the socks, for travel or in case of storage

for short periods of time when I'm away, not all but for a few pipes. I'm fighting a hoarder look around

the house. This is a reasonably sized house for two people, but we have three (and a half?) households

collapsed into one, and though we regularly give away stuff to church sales and Goodwill, etc., there are

still rooms that look like the hoarders on TV. Since I only own pipes to smoke, none are in pristine condition

for resale, so I must recycle all these boxes. It is with a heavy heart, but sometimes you have to do what you

have to do, all these little boxes full of air. Do you save all or any? And why?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I save the boxes just because. I don't have many pipe boxes but have most of GBD's and one Dunhill along with several others. All are from the 1970's.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I will hold onto my quality boxes, but will usually just recycle the standard ones. I can always find a use for a solid box, presents and storage. But the only one I have as a collector is the box for my Leonard DaVinci limited edition Savinelli.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
Every couple of years I have a big clearout, anything that I've not used since the last clear out is thrown away. I have no clutter and no pipe boxes except one, it holds my lighter and tools so is useful.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
mso489:
Depending upon what pipe brands the boxes represent, how many you have, and their condition, you might consider contacting Steve Fallon (aka Pipestud) to see if he might possibly be interested in offering them for sale as a lot via his Pipestud's Consignment Shop on eBay. His e-mail address is pipestud@aol.com.
Good Luck, and Good Smoking!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I sold about a dozen Dunhill boxes awhile back on eBay and netted close $120, so definitely keep that in mind if you have anything like that.
I still have all my Peterson boxes because they look nice on the shelf. Otherwise, just tons of pipe socks in a box.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
I keep all mine in the bottom two drawers of a four drawer file cabinet, I never thought about it until I read pulorns post, I've only sold one pipe on e-bay and it never had a box, I just might want to unload some sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.