PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Staying in a hotel in TN, visiting Mother-in-law for Thanksgiving, 27 degrees outside, armed with a hot cup of coffee & some troutstream the small bowl of my new Falcon was noticed & appreciated. Wouldn't want to stay out there any longer. Now I can appreciate a smaller pipe, sometimes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Recently bought a Peterson Group 1 Belgique yacht/zulu and have found it the perfect vessel for the short

and optionally strong smoke. It's nice to have that choice.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
A lot of my pipes have very small bowls... I like'm.

But, sometimes "weather permitting", nothing like a deep wide bowl of something good.

:puffy:

dafydd

Lurker
Oct 28, 2013
I watched my grandfather smoke Falcons my whole life. I now smoke them myself. Nostalgia plus perfect utility work just fine here.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
The classic line of bowls are pretty big. I think the Hyberbole is 35mm tall and 22mm wide.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
There's a place for bowls of all sizes in my rotation. I have pipes of every size, from a Tom Thomb ( yes it's spelled Thomb not Thumb) which has a bowl diameter about the size of a Czech tool's tamper, to a Charatan pot with a bowl diameter of over 1 inch! The Tom Thomb has a chamber depth of around 1/2 inch, whereas my deepest bowl approaches 2 inches! Big or small, I love em' all!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I really like a small bowl, great for the shorter smoke as others have said. My new Falcon is perfect for it, though the bowl is twice the size of my Mitchell Thomas 7" semi-churchwarden. That pipe is stylish and perfect for a short smoke or sampling. Can't say enough good things about it in that regard, especially considering it only cost $20.
I was inspired to pick it up after seeing Lee Van Cleef use a similar style pipe in a scene from The Big Gundown.
mtchurch-600x448.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.