Good Tobacco For After A Spicey Asian Meal?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Ilast time I smoked after a spicy meal, the smoke couldn't cut thru the taste of the meal! It doesn't have to be a specific blend, just a type of tobacco... Either works!
Thanks fellows!

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
biotene mouthwash after your meal. Something about spicy foods and smoking that don't mix well for me. It sucks to get rid of the aftertaste of a good spicy meal, but if I want a smoke, that's the only way I've figured out how to do it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, you've just had a Hunan beef with cashews and bean sprouts and your mouth is still

tingling with the experience. You can clear your taste buds with biotene or sorbet, but how

do you follow the meal with a pipe? I'd say, you don't want anything with even a whisper of

bite. That's going to jazz up the already assaulted gums and tongue. I'd suggest something

mellow and bland, however you experience it, like Carter Hall, 1Q, or a low key English like

Sutliff's Westminster. Let the tobacco gently take over, and relax. Trying to upstage a really

spicy Chinese, Thai, or Mexican meal with a spicy tobacco is overkill.
Old saying: The people of Szechwan are not afraid of spicy food. The people of Hunan are

afraid of any food that is not spicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.