PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Just curious if anyone has some good recipes that use beer.

Or, some of the benefits of having a beer.

Or, what's your favorite beer and why.
Benefits of Drinking Beer:

Boris Krloff and Bela Logosi
Before:
BelaLugosiBorisKarloffSonofFrankens.jpg

After:
BelaLugosiBorisKarloff.jpg

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Beer Brats:

Ingredients:

1 dozen brats

Beer, to cover

1 medium large sweet onion

2 ounces (1/2 stick) butter

Directions:

Place brats in a Dutch oven with onions and butter, cover the brats with beer. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until brats are cooked. Remove brats and set aside beer mixture. Grill brats until golden brown and return to beer mixture until ready to serve. Serve brats on fresh baked brat buns with sauerkraut, onions, green peppers, ketchup, and/or mustard.
I like to use Guinness or some kind of stout.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I will tell you something about beer. The other day I was in the most pain I have ever suffered, and no pain pills worked, and believe me, I have the strongest. Ice, or heat, or anything would not stop my pinched nerve from hurting. My wife and son started buying me beer at my request and after not sleeping for 3 days, I drank over 30 bears in one day and night, and I finally fell asleep. Thank God for beer. Since then, I have had a cervical epidural and my neck is much better, but I think I would have died without that tasty malted beverage called BEER.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Dang Mick. Sorry to hear about that, but glad beer and an epidural took care of it.
I'm actually not a big beer drinker, but sometimes it is a must.
To me, Summertime is Beer-Time.
Times that beer must be consumed:
1. At a baseball game.

2. At the beach.

3. While eating a hotdog.

4. Lounging at the pool.
And any combination of the above.
As far as beer in cooking, I definitely use it in chili. Laura uses it in several different things she used to make in the crock pot when she was a working mom with a kid in high school. Now he is off to college and I do 100% of the cooking.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I do think that it gives them a richer flavor and does great with the onions. I actually stole that from Bobby Flay on the Food Network website lol. I love that guy.
Kevin you should add while eating oysters to your list. In my opinion Apalachicola oysters are the only oysters to eat though.

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
From alocal newscast a 2hour marinade in beer reduces cancer risks of grilling!

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Beer Butt Chicken
Ingredients

• 1 cup butter

• 2 tablespoons garlic salt

• 2 tablespoons paprika

• salt and pepper to taste

• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer

• 1 (4 pound) whole chicken

Directions

1. Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.

2. In a small skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter. Mix in 1 tablespoon garlic salt, tablespoon paprika, salt, and pepper.

3. Discard 1/2 the beer, leaving the remainder in the can. Add remaining butter, garlic salt, paprika, and desired amount of salt and pepper to beer can. Place can on a disposable baking sheet. Set chicken on can, inserting can into the cavity of the chicken. Baste chicken with the melted, seasoned butter.

4. Place baking sheet with beer and chicken on the prepared grill. Cook over low heat for about 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Okay Lawrence I get the part about drink over discard, but please understand that chicken's butt only requires the cheapest swill you can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.