PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Today was a hell ride from South Bend IN back to the Dayton/Cincy area. I went through three separate snow squalls while around the lakes and it was a bit distressing. Now I am just tired and wore out from the drive. Gonna pop some corn in the microwave, brew some cinnamon tea and watch a 1967 classic The Flim Flam Man with George C. Scott and Slim Pickens. I met Slim during my youth in New Mexico.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061678/
There is just something about ole Mordecai C. Jones that just tugs at me how he changes and becomes a better man. Or at least does right by his past. Anyone one else like to watch old movies? Depending on your age, "they don't make 'em like this anymore" may be a good or a bad thing. Just ask my kids!
MJones_zpse84c7d1a.jpg

Someone put it all on You Tube. So here is the first of 10 parts part for your viewing pleasure.

Anyone else have an old favorite we should check it out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0vqeQSG5w

aaronbrill

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2012
Hard to beat the classics! I watched The Maltese Falcon last weekend for the first time in years and really enjoyed it again. Of course, I couldn't watch a Bogart movie without smoking something so I got out the pipe and had one of the best smokes I've ever had. I guess it probably had to do with focusing more on the movie and slowing my pace a bit.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hard to beat the classics! I watched The Maltese Falcon last weekend for the first time in years and really enjoyed it again.

One of my favorites.

Did you spot the pipes?
These are revealed when Sam Spade picks up the phone, and learns of Archer's murder.
maltesefalconthecalltoSpade.png

:puffy:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks guys. I need to watch Ben Hur and The Maltese Falcon for the first time soon.

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
I am a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk...
Love old movies
Even have a maltese falcon without Bogie

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I need to watch Ben Hur and The Maltese Falcon for the first time soon.
Both are quite good, Spartacus and of course Casablanca would be another couple in those genres that everyone must see... if they haven't already of course. Just because they're house-hold names (as it were) doesn't mean they aren't worth watching.
Here's a departure from the "A" List that I make a point of watching when I'm in the mood for a damn good war story.... To my mind one of Marion Morrison's best performances... Back to Bhutan .

Status
Not open for further replies.