PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

insecticide26

Lurker
Nov 24, 2014
Just wondering if anybody has ever smoked Good money Twist Chewing tobacco ..I noticed it at a discount Store in missouri and was just wondering how it would be in a pipe,Almost bought it but decided not to cause if it didn't work out in a pipe ,I would have no use for it ,being that I don't ever see my self chewing

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
+1 Dottiewarden
Seems like a waste of money to me. Especially when there are a lot of pipe tobaccos out there that are consistently good bets. :roll:

May 31, 2012
Give melvinsunsmokedcastello a ring,

he might love to try it!
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/have-you-seen-me-do-you-live-in-tobacco-country
:puffy:

Oct 12, 2014
"Are there not enough pipe tobacco blends available to better suit your needs?" ------ No there isn't these are unique smokes..
"Seems like a waste of money to me." ------- Dunhill tobacco is a waste of money to me..we all have different tastes

Oct 12, 2014
"Chewing tobacco in a pipe? Be sure ya try it in your worst pipe cause ya don't want to risk ruining one of your better cornity cobbity pipes.
You have got to be kidding or are you nutz!"
UMMMMMM what?
From Gawith & Hoggarth
Twist is a traditional smoking and chewing tobacco

The name Twist originates from sailors who made the tobacco into balls, soaking it in molasses for a sweeter taste. The Twist tobacco was then chewed not smoked, as the sailors worked on wooden boats and smoking would have been a fire hazard. Chewing the tobacco was also suited to miners due to the obvious fire risks in the mines.Twist is made from dark-fired leaf and spun to give a rope effect.Thinner types are used for chewing, whilst the thicker brands of Twist are used for smoking.
Kendal Twist - The traditional strong smoking & chewing tobacco, provides a very strong but remarkable cool smoke. Unsuitable for the beginner. The sweetened and rum flavoured variety add additional interest to the smoke Sliced Black Aromatic - Manufactured with the same tobacco as brown twist, but then put through a further process of cooking under pressure to turn the tobacco black. The cooking process does remove some of the stronger elements from the tobacco so black twist is not as strong as brown twist, but this is only relatively as it is still a very strong smoke. The twist rope is thin cut into small round segments before the addition of the aromatic top flavour Sweet Rum Twist - The main feature of this tobacco is the addition of maple sugars blended with rum to the 'filter' leaf. This is then spun into a rope form before being made into a roll which is cold-pressed overnight We also produce extra sweet Twist and are able to add a wide range of flavours, including black cherry, aniseed, liquorice and apple
You will also notice many different types of Plug tobacco were labeled "for pipe or chew"

Status
Not open for further replies.