PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Two weeks ago, it was in the mid 60's to low 70's at night here in SE Tennessee, which was about perfect! Last night the temp dropped down to 34F, and tonight it's in the 40's! Since I'm primarily an outdoor smoker, it kinda sucks! Even though Fall is my favorite time of year, it does make things a little difficult. Now granted, I can smoke in the basement/garage, but it's not exactly a relaxing environment! I'm sure I'm not the only one who suffers from the " Wintertime Pipe Smoking Blues "! Just thought I'd share.

kcpoe

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2013
Beautiful weather here in Dandridge, TN. I love me some tennessee fall!
Also, I have a basement with 2 rooms. I put my wife in one (ok, she put ME in one) and I was in the other. I smoked some Frog Morton's Cellar and got the "OK" to smoke it down here!!! Said it smelled like a whisky. Said "i think it makes your beard look sexy." I dunno folks, but ill take it!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
You guys make me laugh! We have had snow on the ground the last three mornings. -11 Celcius this morning. Time for a vacation some place warm!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It's currently 36 degrees here in the Lehigh Valley of Pa. I'm in the man cave (garage) and have the Pelonis ceramic heater going. Not too bad yet, There's January and February yet to go. 6 months til Spring.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
It is in the 40's here in Northern IL. It would be fine if it wasn't for the wind. I'll take the garage.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
@piper, I feel sorry for you! Though I do enjoy a good snow! We don't get them as often as we used to around here.
@sallow, my one saving grace, right now, is that there is zero wind.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
@petes03 i don't mind too much its the only time of year my wife will cuddle! :wink:

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Lol sorry for over sharing pal we were having a moment... It has passed ... Nothing to see folks move along! Hehehe

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Central AZ is still pretty nice but it's definitely time to pull out Ye Old Smoking Coat.
I love the Fall weather and wish it was year round!
Happy Smokin!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Had a hard freeze last night and my wife noticed it had gotten down to 60 indoors, so we fired up the central heat.

Waiting until the end of October to use heat is a budget booster. Sometimes if I wait too late, even the cats get

depressed.

Jan 8, 2013
58 degrees where I am in Fort Worth Texas. It won't be long before the temperatures start dropping. I actually look forward to it. :)

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I like to fill a bowl, put on the parky,m toque, gloves and boots and take a reasonably long stroll, 30 minutes or so, on a cold (not too far below zero or I worry about the pipe), clear winter night. The stars are almost close enough to touch and there are millions of them. The snow crunches under foot and trees are a stark black against the moon lit snow. If the moon is out one could read a book it's so bright. Sometimes you can smell a moose close by and there are a pair of owls on the property to talk to along with lab as we walk the trails.
Sorry to wax poetic but these kind of nights are my favorite.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I'm in the praries in Canada. We're talking -40 degrees Celsius in the winter before you factor in windchill.. If I didn't smoke inside I just wouldn't smoke in the winter. I've always hated smoking outside, even when I smoked cigarettes. You can't enjoy it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.