Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Good Deal on Artisan's Blend

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bullet08

Login to Send PM

tobaccopipes.com has it 20% off. picked up some.

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. rdavid

Panhandler

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

15 tins in the cellar. Sure would like to make it an even 20 but the TAD monster sleeps... zzzz...

"May my last breath be drawn through a pipe, and exhaled in a jest." Charles Lamb
    Posted 4 months ago #
  3. shanez

shanez

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That is a good deal. I picked up a few extra tins even though I can't shake right now.

Posted 4 months ago #
  4. cwpiperman

cwpiperman

Login to Send PM

I would have picked some up, but I'm noticing that the latakia in these is Cyprian vs Syrian Latakia, and I don't know how the blend will have changed with that substitution. I do understand that Syrian has gone the way of the dodo, but I wanted to check with others before dropping 5 more tins into the cellar.

Any comparisons out there? My particular tins all say SYRIAN Latakia not just "Latakia", if that helps.

CW

Black Frigate Scurvy Dog, 4th Class...Savvy?

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. rdavid

Panhandler

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Right below the description of Ashton Artisan's Blend at tobaccopipes.com

**These blends have been updated with Cyprian Latakia**

Also no reference to Syrian Latakia on the tin anymore.

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. cwpiperman

cwpiperman

Login to Send PM

Right below the description of Ashton Artisan's Blend at tobaccopipes.com

**These blends have been updated with Cyprian Latakia**

Also no reference to Syrian Latakia on the tin anymore.

Yep, that's exactly what I noticed...hence my question for those who have had both.

Posted 4 months ago #
  7. diamondback

diamondback

Login to Send PM

So so very tempting. I’ve got to slow my roll for the next couple of months though. Wife worked in accounting for many years so she does our taxes. When she saw how much I’d spent between last year, and especially so far this year, well, suffice to say it’s cheaper to keep’er. Trying to explain the deeming laws monster to her is like talking to a cat.

“Well, I can’t cure death. This is bad, Morty. You’re trapped in a dead man. Listen, if the situation keeps darkening, do yourself a favor and pop by Pirates of the Pancreas. Obviously I’m biased, but I think it’s great, Morty. It’s a bunch of *belches* pirates running around a *belches* pancreas. We don’t whitewash it, either, Morty. I mean, the pirates are really rapey.” - Rick & Morty
    Posted 4 months ago #
  8. diamondback

diamondback

Login to Send PM

Yep, that's exactly what I noticed...hence my question for those who have had both.

I have the same question. I bought a couple tins a few months ago and they said Syrian. I’m wondering if that’s a mis-print. Speaking of, there’s another one I should have stacked deep: MacB HH Vintage Syrian.

Posted 4 months ago #
  9. cwpiperman

cwpiperman

Login to Send PM

I do have about 5 tins of HH Vintage Syrian, which I'm going to hang on to. Only opened one (before I knew of the scarcity, or I'd have cellared more. Great Stuff.

CW

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. spartacus

spartacus

Login to Send PM

I do have about 5 tins of HH Vintage Syrian, which I'm going to hang on to. Only opened one (before I knew of the scarcity, or I'd have cellared more. Great Stuff.

CW

I have about 4lbs of the HH Vintage Syrian. I absolutely love that stuff. I have only tried the new Ashton Artisan's Blend and I enjoyed it enough to put 15 tins in the cellar.

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. rdavid

Panhandler

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh yeah... Sorry about that. Guess I should've read your post better.

I just bought some recently so I think I may actually have both blends. I'll check it out and get back.

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

bullet08

Login to Send PM

not sure how accurate the label is, but what i got from them so far says syrian latakia.

Posted 4 months ago #
  13. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

not sure how accurate the label is, but what i got from them so far says syrian latakia.

The new version (Cyprian) has a darker shade and the tin says only “Latakia” in the description.
    Example from SPC site

The older version (Syrian) is lighter shade, more light purple, and the tin says “Syrian Latakia” in the description.
    Example from my cellar

Neal
    Posted 4 months ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

bullet08

Login to Send PM

yupe. all of mine says syrian.

Posted 4 months ago #
  15. rdavid

Panhandler

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Geeezzz Neal... I really really want that tote!

I like how you wrap your tins in saran wrap. Is that to keep them together or for further protection/sealing? Both?

Posted 4 months ago #
  16. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Clear box is from the container store. It is a vinyl record box, but it holds 9 rows of tins perfectly. I wrap 5 tins in saran wrap as a "set of 5", thus easier to track my total in the cellar. The saran wrap is only to hold them together, it has no effect on the tin per se.

Posted 4 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   geopiper, odobenus, ashdigger, jaytex969, oldgeezersmoker, pitchfork, boffosquid, ben88, disinformatique, ray47, morgansteele, acidpox, weezell