PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Well I came across a deal yesterday I didn’t think I could pass up. I have only been smoking pipes for about a year. I currently have six low end pipes and have been looking for affordable higher end pipes. Some guy was getting rid of his collection. He gave up the hobby for another hobby, fly fishing. I thought both hobbies complimented each other well but that’s for another post. Anyway I got 5 pipes, leather bag, lighter, 2 opened Dunhill tins, and an open bag of Penanze. All for $275.
Since I am relatively new I was wondering if I got a good deal. Most of the pipes I research I know the “new” value. All these pipes are used so I’m not sure of the value.
The pipes are as followed:

Sevkel Meerschaum (eagle claw)

No named Meerschaum

Savinelli Linea Artisan

Ascorti New Dear KS (my favorite looking)

Fe Ro Italian Olive Wood
All pipes appear in great shape. I would just need to clean before using. Attached are the photos. Would love the feedback.

Thanks guys.

(Pics to follow....)

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
20130727_113127-600x450.jpg

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I think the important question is, do you feel like you got a good deal? Are you happy with it? I think for all that was included it is a fair price. That is a big help on a good pipe rotation and you scored a very hard to find tobacco in Penzance. If it was worth it to you, then don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm with Roth. All in for #275 is a good haul at a good price.
Enjoy them, and let us know how your new pipes smoke.
Cheers,
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.