PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I was going to post up pictures of my ebay buys this week so everyone can either pat me on the back or laugh as my money disintegrates. Let me know what you guys think.
First buy is a pipe rack/humidor that holds six pipes. Comes with 6 pipes.
1. Crown Duke~Dr. Grabow

2. Medico Imported Briar

3. Medico V.F.G Imported Briar

4. NobHill Imported Briar

5. R. Gasparini

6. Willard Imported Briar
Sorry for the big pictures I couldn't get the thumbnail picture to work properly. Paid $35
s.jpg

HPIM6669.jpg

HPIM6668.jpg

HPIM6667.jpg

Second is a Royal Coachman. I believe this is a Comoy seconds though I am not sure.Paid $19.
Comoy2.jpg

Comoy1.jpg

Ccomoy3.jpg

Comoy5.jpg

Comoy3.jpg

Third is a corn cob pipe I bought for the hell of it. Paid $1.50 shipped.
CornCob4.jpg

Corncob3.jpg

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
The pipe rack is well worth what you gave for everything in my opinion.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
eBay is too addictive to me I need a support group haha. I just purchased another humidor/pipe rack with three pipes. It was only $5 so I don't feel that bad though it is $14 with shipping. I will put up pictures in a few hours when I get home.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Here is a picture of the humidor and pipes. It comes with 3 pipes which the seller did not know the names of. That coupled with the fact that they are also hung on there wrong I am assuming the seller has no knowledge of pipes.
I paid $4.50 ($14 shipped).
HumidorandPipes.jpg

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks chuckw. Hopefully I can polish it up and it will look good as new. It is in transit and I will post my actual pictures when everything gets here.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks Bubba, I will upload some better pics along with whatever I can find out about what type it is when it gets here. Though with a majority of these ebay sellers I have found they don't like to mail the packages very quickly.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Yeah wall I just snagged a holder humidor combo with 6 pipes yesterday waing for it to get here. Snagged it for 26 shipped, all I wanted was the holder the pipes and tools are extra to me.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I believe I bid on that lot but decided I had enough pipes as it is haha.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha I agree bubbadreier. Although the plan might backfire and cause more of a bidding war haha.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Duncan, I totally agree with you. I was bidding on a Savinelli that was going for $7 (my max was set at $9) and at 4 seconds left someone bid $9.50 and beat me! It would have been $14 shipped. I was so angry haha but I let it go and found the Comoy for $19 shipped so I don't feel too bad.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
PAD is the first stage, you want to get as many pipes as possible, but once you feel like you have "enough" the TAD will start setting in... You will try lots of different blends, some you will like, some you wont, those that you don't you decide to store it for later, so you put it in a mason jar... And that is when the Cellaring takes over!

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha oh boy, this sure does seem like a fun hobby. I know that once all of my pipes come in I will look at them and say, "Damn that is alot of pipes, what was I thinking? I should have bought tobacco. Now I am too poor to afford tobacco but have alot of pipes. Time to sell my kidney." Or something like that.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Well the first package arrived. I am very disappointed in the quality of the pipes. There are dings and scratches all over and one has a crack on the inside. The humi/rack has crap in the bottom I will have to clean. I will try my best to restore these. I hope I can do it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Wallbright, sounds like a good project to throw yourself at for a while. Besides, it'll take your mind off of your e-BAD. Further, you just might have a diamond in the rough among those pipes.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I suppose. Though you guys can tell me if they are even worth restoring. I can take pictures of the pipes individually and the bowls too if needed.
IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

I should be getting another package tomorrow and will upload pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.