wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Luciano 2014
s-l1600.jpg

Charatan
s-l1600.jpg

An I got a Steve Weiner. It will be my second. I LOOOOVE my first one.
s-l1600.jpg

Woo hoo!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Congratulations really nice trio. I had one for 5 1/2 days and 2 hours before the auction I was out bid and 2 minutes before it ended it was over $600.
36429081854_21c2b23018_o_d.jpg
Although not from pipestud I have another in my radar that has yet to receive a bid, it is plugged into The Sniper

banjo :puffpipe:

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks for the purchases, Mike!
And thanks for goosing up the final price of that gold banded Butera, Banjo! I was rooting for you but we'll get you next time.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Banjo, I was looking at that one but it was way too rich for my blood. I scored a Butera for $350 (not as nice as the one auctioned today) a while back and figured it would be a rare chance to get one under $400. It was.
Your pipe collection is so awesome, I am not surprised at all to find you bid on this one. I am sure you will get the next one, and at a good price!
And Steve, you know it is always a pleasure fattening up my herd with your pipes. It has been a while, though. I am a poor college student now, so I have to pace myself.
I took a risk here, since I should be saving up to get one of Foggy's pipes when he lists them.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
I was hoping for one of the Upshall's but of course I such luck. That is a nice Charatan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really like my Lucianos. I have a smooth author slightly bent, and a straight saddle stem billiard blast. They're great pipes, substantial but not heavy, and fine smokers.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
What's funny is I can write out Steve's address without looking it up been using it so much to feed my TAD cellar.

banjo

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
uperepik, Thank you for the complement. I saw the Upshalls today. The first one was in good shape and probably went for what it should have, but I was aiming for the 3 I got ($100, right?). The second one was a bit rough for me.
Hope you can snag one soon. I have yet to get an Upshall myself. Both Upshall's and Ashton's are on my to buy list. Waiting for a deal on a good one to come by.
Banjo, that is funny! I need to focus more on TAD. Steve always has such fair prices on aged, rare tobaccos.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Sorry I was rude! MSO, Thank you very much for your insights on the Luciano. I thought I remembered you mentioning them a long time ago, or someone did here. I just really dug the look of the pipe and took a chance. The price was 'shut up and take my money' good.
Here's hoping it smokes as good as it looks!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Fine finds! All nice, but really love the Luciano Apple/bowling ball/whatever. Luciano is carver? Name of line?
Poor Jesse has been scouring the Net looking for some tinned Pipestud tobacco. Got any??

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
PipeStud has been nailing some great, rare tobaccos lately, too. More power to him, Now to pawn Xuan's Jewelry

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
jpmcwjr - Luciano is company. I'm not sure of the Carver. I just loved the pipe and didn't have a Luciano.
Jay, the Charatan has a double comfort bit. I've not seen one in that finish. But for the price there isn't a period of time that this wasn't a good deal. Lol
Pipestud has been having a great run of tobaccos. I just always seem to narrowly miss the ones I couldn't resist.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Jay, the Charatan has a double comfort bit."
So that's what a 'double comfort stem' looks like.....I often wondered what that term meant. Thanks for the education Wyfbane.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.