Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
I take a big mug for my brew. boil water in a kettle, fill up my mug with boiling water. I then add a large spoonful of instant coffee. Then I take a large spoonful of local ground coffee from here in Nicaragua and put that into the cup of instant. After a while the ground coffee will become water logged and sink to the bottom. This is like blending tobacco. Warning! Don't try this before bed time. Warning! Don't don't drink the last inch of coffee.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I love a nice strong coffee with my pipe. I have never tried your method but if that works for you, then enjoy :puffy:

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
A large cup of Peets Major Dickenson coffee and a pipe full of Gawith's Full Virginia Flake on the patio, listening to the birds chirping with a good book on my Kindle. It can't get better than this combination for me.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
You have my total, rapt attention! o)
I love that you brew in cup. I prefer all my coffee to still have texture from the oils, so French press or ibrik (wee little Turkish/ Greek style stove top pot) always make me smile. My daily brewer is a work horse Bunn with a wire mesh filter.. A slow pour with a steady hand is all it takes to avoid the grounds, if so inclined (I like mine a little crunchy!).
A good cup and a good smoke are an AMAZING way to relax, as long as you give yourself the time.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
+1 to french press
I'm a big fan of german coffee - less burned than the typical american "starbucks" roast. It's more like a vienna style, but a bit nuttier. Haven't tried it with a pipe, but I definately will now!
Anyone had experience with turkish coffee and a pipa?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Whenever I want a good cup of coffee, I take my Grandmothers Drip pot out, slowly pour with boiling water so foam on top is about 2 inches high, pour a little demtasse cup and put spoon in, if it doesn"t stand up by itself in cup it ain"t no good, stays with you all day

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Great post, I love a cup of Chock Full O Nuts (New York Roast), some 965, and a book on the porch, great relaxiation. On the ocassion a good cup of PG Tips tea does well also.
Mike

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Café Copan dark roast from Honduras and when I run out Starbucks Espresso roast . The bad thing is if you order the Copan you will scoff at regular can coffee . :D

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I enjoy coffee with my pipe as well. I use the keurig machine now. I have many choices to choose from.
take care all.

mike.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Black coffee and a good burley blend in my cob is my every day routine. I don't do high-grade coffees - not that there's anything wrong with that - but I'm really trying to simplify everything I do.

captainpeg

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
Fresh medium or dark roast (depending on mood) from a French press. Dark roast with me for blends with latakia, lighter roast for Va/Per, Va, or Burleys.

Man, that's tough to beat, and a little slice of heaven....

Randy

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Community Coffee dark roast (drunk black of course) brewed in my percolator with some Dunhill Nightcap in my first briar or Five Brothers mixed with another burley blend in a cob. That really hits the spot. If I'm in the mood for something sweet I've found that this Coconut Mocha coffee my aunt buys with just a little bit of sugar and some Almond Joy creamer pairs magically with Milan's Butter Berry.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
i have been working nights lately, and when I get to work around 6pm I get a pot of coffee going and then get the work going... then out back to get the 965 going... or the FMCellar. Never knew what I was missing until now.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I make cowboy coffee on the stove with different types of coffee and different grinds. I want to pick up an Ibrik (Turkish coffee pot) and another Mocha pot but I want a stainless one rather than aluminium so I can make some fantastic coffee for fraction of the price at Williams or Coffee Culture.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I make all my coffee nowadays in a coffee press. Its kinda like cowboy coffee but you don't have to strain the grounds with your teeth. :D Black, strong coffee is great with Virginias and VaPers. I enjoy strong coffee with medium to strong blends, especially after breakfast. I have another coffee press dedicated to teas. I prefer to buy loose tea rather than teabags because I am a cheap-skate.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Brewing is like every one's own personal religion. I have to use an old-time stove top percolator.

No drip, no press, no espresso, no electric percolator. I like bright beans, not the dark roasted

Ethiopian or chocolatey bean. I want it to be thirst quenching as well as an upper. Usually by the

time I light a pipe, I'm on to ice tea, wine or something other than coffee. All this sounds horrible

to 85% of other people who have their own special needs in the coffee department. But that's what

makes coffee such a intense experience; it's all yours.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I haven't made turkish coffee in ages, but it is truly the best brew. These days I use an Aeropress. I think it beats any french press by a mile.
aero_press_03.jpg

Aeropress

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I make all my coffee nowadays in a coffee press. Its kinda like cowboy coffee but you don't have to strain the grounds with your teeth.
I get a little 'sand' in the bottom but no grit. I use a micromesh screen strainer to remove about 95% of the grinds. It works great and everyone likes my strong coffee. It's a little strong for some but most ppl like it.
Sometimes I add a little cardamom, or cocoa, cinnamon, or all spice just to give it a different dimension. Not alot just a tiny pinch. Cardamom and strong coffee go together like a pipe and a coffee lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.