PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Last week I posted on how because of a fire we were no longer aloud to smoke near the building where I work, and how their was a tree I was going to go under to smoke my pie on my break. Today they came and cut it down, so I am now in search for a new place to go and smoke my pipe. On the good side I got the wood from the tree for my fire place, so I will be sitting my the fire smoking my pipe at home.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Geez, it seems like these guys are out to get you! Good for you that you at least got some firewood out of it.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
ha ha it is just my luck. I also did enjoy a pipe while watching them cut this tree down, and into pieces.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Last week I posted on how because of a fire we were no longer aloud to smoke near the building where I work, and how their was a tree I was going to go under to smoke my pie on my break. Today they came and cut it down..."
My, my, it seems that the anti-smoking crowd will do most anything to achieve their end, eh?

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
it is just some ironic bad timing I don't think they cut the tree down to stop me from smoking

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe, since the stations for smoking have been ruled out, there is a walking circuit you could do, get

a little exercise, and do a little lunting (smoking a pipe while walking), since you have to walk to and from

a smoking station anyway. That's one creative solution. Also, it's more difficult to regulate a moving target.

If they ask you to stop smoking, they'd be asking you to stop walking, and it gets a little sticky and ridiculous

for them, I hope.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
mso that is a great idea, I will have to take a walk tomorrow to scout out a root and see how that works. thanks for the idea

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
The only negative to that idea is that I am on my feet at work for 9 to 12 hours a day and my break is my time to sit and rest my legs, because I have allot of problems in my feet and legs and don't know if I can take standing then walking then more standing, but I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.