PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The good news is this one turned out beautifully. The bad news is I can't sell it due to a flaw in side the tobacco chamber.
flaw-600x399.jpg

Edit: fixed text, bubba

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Flaws give things character. You may not be willing to sell it due to the flaw, but surely it doesn't make it impossible to smoke yourself? Or is it bad enough that it does.. ?
Well whichever, very nice work at the least mate, very attractive.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
buckeye: How does a pipe smoke if you rusticate the inside of the chamber? :P
edit: Hmm, maybe I didn't pay enough attention, it said "in side the tobacco chamber" which I interpreted as "inside", but most seem to have interpreted it differently.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
I thought it was inside too --- at first I thought you might be able to see the flaw he was talking about on the outside . . .but the only thing that looked like it might be one to me looks good I think and might just be a little dark patch

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I will pack the internal flaw with some pipe mud and keep this one. Can't sell one that may burn out.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Smoke a cheap Swisher sweet, add a drop or two of water to the ash to make a paste, apply to internal booboo! Let thoroughly dry and fire that puppy up!

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Unclearthur,

Do you make pipes on order or do you have certain designs that you sell?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I will attempt about anything. As my Gran once told me , I am not bright enough to figure out there is something I can't do.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
My parents used to tell me I was either A) too smart for my own good (my mum) or B) Just smart enough to get myself killed (my father was a little less than subtle. . .)

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
My parents used to tell me that I would be a dangerous person if I had a brain. Not really sure if thats supposed to be an insult or a compliment...
Very nice looking pipe Arthur, too bad about the flaw. You could always sell it patched as a "seconds" though... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.