PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I normally don't deep clean my pipes too often other than a minor go around... dumping the dottle and running a pipe cleaner through the stem and wiping out the bowl, but lately I've started to put a cotton ball lightly soaked in alcohol for a few hours after the pipes has had a chance to cool off to "sanitize" it and erase some of the staleness of the bowl, then I got to thinking, what If i add a drop or two of mouthwash to the cotton ball to "flavorize" the bowl? I normally use either the Arango Pipe Spray or Pipemaster's Clean & Cure and they tend to have somewhat of a spearmint/peppermint taste to it, so why not try mouthwash. I figured if mouthwash is good enough for my mouth, it has to be good enough for my pipes, and I don't think there's anything dangerous in the mouthwash to cause harm, as long as I let it completely dry before smoking it.
I'm trying this on one of my pipes now just to see how it all ends, If it works great, It's a lot cheaper than buying the 2oz bottle of the sweetner??
Anyone else use mouthwash? Any concerns I should be aware of? any thoughts?

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
sj - the concept that something good enough for your mouth might be good enough for the pipe chamber doesn't take into account that what's in the bowl gets burned and maybe pyrolyzed. Not sure if I want to be the guinea pig to find out what some new and wondrous combustion products from the mouth wash would do to the bod.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.