PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I figure its a long shot, but was wondering if anyone wants to help me get from the airport to the show on friday? My plane gets in at 11am. I would be happy to contribute to gas. I know I can rent a car or take a cab but I think it would be fun to meet some of you and save a few bucks in the process. Anyone want to carpool?

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
A day late and a dollar short as they say...we're getting in at 4 on Thursday...I'm counting down the days...

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Actually there are limo services that are cheaper. Contact Pheasant Run and they direct you to the various vendors.
But sharing the cost with someone else is even better. Be sure to mention you are willing to wait if there is someone else making the trip.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I'd suggest looking for some usual suspects at the airport. I'm sure they'd be happy to split costs and the company would be welcome.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I was thinking about making a hobo pipe show sign and sitting around with it at the airport... but as fun as that sounds I dont want to risk it not working 8O

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
After all, a big event for us, is not necessarily a big event for the city when considering the traffic that flows through chicago's airport

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I'm still looking at logistics. BTW, have you got the Uber app? Push comes to shove, Uber is cheaper than a taxi and I've found them to be MUCH faster and more customer friendly.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Pheasant Run uses A-1 Limousine - from ORD is $50 on a 'shared' basis. If you can find another pipester(s) to bundle the shared ride, price per drops a goodly bit.
hp

les

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Everyone be aware there are 2 different limo services: there's "A1 Limousine Service", and then there's the one that Pheasant Run uses - A-1 Airport Limousine Service, Inc. The first one has 8 Yelp reviews, all terrible. The A-1, which worked great for me last year, gets excellent reviews.
The right number is 630-833-3788. You can also book on-line: www.a1limousine.com
More confusion about the one I wouldn't use is their website is "http://www.a1limousineservice.com/"

This is NOT the one I would try.
hp

les

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
The right number is 630-833-3788. You can also book on-line: http://www.a1limousine.com
Just booked with them for 4:00 Thursday- $58 for Greta and me total- what a deal! Anyone arriving about the same time, we're booked as a shared ride...

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Just booked with them for 4:00 Thursday- $58 for Greta and me total- what a deal! Anyone arriving about the same time, we're booked as a shared ride...
BTW- we're coming into O'Hare....

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
shaintiques generosity is astounding! He arrived yesterday, but has offered to pick me up today. For him to go out if his way to help another piper out, is above and beyond. This once again speaks volumes of this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.