PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Hi Friends
I and my wife, daughter and her boyfriend are going to Aruba late this week for 5 days and I have never taken my pipe with me on vacation before. It was usually cigars.
I purchased a 4 pipe travel case but I have not figured out how to take different tobaccos from openned and already jarred tins. The pouch has a small area for tobacco, no where enough for a week's smoking, hard at work on the beach.
Any suggestions?
Allan

Aug 1, 2012
I was curious about the same thing since I'm going to Belize but I just decided to take a full, sealed tin of Squadron Leader and a couple unsmoked MM pipes. Hoping to have less trouble in customs due to the "new" nature of the stuff.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Ah, Belize
Been there several times diving, both on liveaboard 'Aggressor' boats.
My advice, don't take anything especially valuable.
No offense to anyone intended.
My experience.
Allan

Aug 1, 2012
Thanks Allan. I agree that you don't want to take anything you don't mind "losing". I'll spend most of my time on Amgergris Caye so not as bad as it could be.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Wishing you a wonderful time.
great-white-sea-kayak_zpsa4becfe0.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Allan, I have been to Aruba 3 times and the weather is such that you can just throw some tins in your luggage and smoke out of them. It is not so dry that your tobacco will dry out in 5 days. Where are you staying? Do not waste your money on cigars there, they are expensive and they do not take care of them. They leave the doors open in 80 plus degree weather and I have seen tons of beetles in them.
Best steak on the island is here http://www.elgaucho-aruba.com/, I always preferred "The Gaucho Steak". Argentinian beef is really tasty. Also stay away from the Benihana there, it sucks. Nothing like the one in Vegas which was great. Baby Beach is fun for snorkeling, there is also a German freighter not far off shore that is a decent wreck dive. Also there is a really nice wall dive with a beach access, it is a pretty long swim but worth it. Not for taking your camera gear though. Forget golf unless you like playing in a 35 mph constant wind. The trade winds blow all the time and if you are on the point near the Costa Linda on the beach, it can feel like being sandblasted it is that strong. My mom just came back from there a few weeks ago and if you want I can get more restaurant recommendations, she knows good food. She was telling me about a meal she had and said it was the best Sea Bass she had ever eaten and she is a freak about her Sea Bass and eats it in many different places.
I hope you have a great trip and remember be safe out there.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I bought a Cigar at one of those smoke shops. It cost me $20.00 for one stick. I just wanted a good cigar. When I went to lite it, it fell apart in my hand it was so dried out. The wrapper came off in my hand.
Take your tin and enjoy. 5 days? One ounce should do you for 5 days. That's 2 bowls a day. I hope you'll be doing other stuff beside smoking your pipe.
I had fun there 15 years ago. I stayed at the Westin. But, had much better food at the Marriott down the beach.
I'd love to move to Belize for 6 months and see If I could live there permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.