Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Going in for Surgery on the 12th of This Month.

(96 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by cigrmaster
  • Latest reply from bubblehead33
  1. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh that's a great one! As I draw and sketch some crazy ideals, this pipe gives away a secret. Pics, pics, pics... Of true Artisans work, the key to what makes things great, and how they did it... Without shelling out the bucks, damn you cellar!

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. philobeddoe

philobeddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck tomorrow Harris.

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck

John
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

Good luck sir.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Missed this one, I hope you are recuperating quickly.

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. pipesicle

pipesicle

Login to Send PM

Hope the surgery went well Harris. Get well soon!

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris get well, you converted me , Dave is holding a Rad for me, whatever we can possibly do for you just ask. Bradley. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris

Aren't you amazed at the influence you have on so many in the forum?

You're the man!

Allan

Allan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. hodirty

hodirty

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck with everything man. Ill be hoping for nothing but the best for u. Get healed up and back out on the court!!

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
    ~Albert Einstein
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris I hope things are going well for ya. Tuesday cant come soon soon enough so you can get that damned thing out. Glad ya got some vintage stuff to smoke while you're recuperating. Hang in there buddy!

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. patiobum

patiobum

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sending positive thoughts for a good recovery.

cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.......

martin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.

My urologist yanked the stent out on Thursday and the kidney stone pain is finally gone. The nurse was all set to stick some numbing meds up me but the doctor just came at me, grabbed the rip cord and yanked the fucker out. He says to me, you don't need numbing agents, you are tough. I wanted to slap him, but at least it is out of me. I woke up Friday morning got up and felt my back pain for the first time in like ten days, in all honesty it was a welcome relief in comparison to the stones. I still have some smaller ones floating around my kidneys, but after a ct scan next week the doctor will determine if they are small enough to pass or he may blast them with ultra sound as long as they don't get stuck again I will be fine. The lithotripsy they perform to blast the stones is a breeze.

Back surgery is all set for the 5th of March as long as my urologist gives me a clean bill of health. I do want to thank everyone who has posted on this thread. The forum has meant a lot to me and has helped me immeasurably in dealing with these physical problems. You guys are the best.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Good to hear the kidney stone issue ameliorated. My prayers continue, wishing you all the best for the upcoming back surgery on the 5th.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

but the doctor just came at me, grabbed the rip cord and yanked the fucker out. He says to me, you don't need numbing agents, you are tough. I wanted to slap him, but at least it is out of me.

Great guys, Docs, aren't they? When I was in my early 20's I broke a tooth on a cherry pit once (don't ask how, I'm not telling) and the military dentist said it had to come out, and since it was one of my very back teeth I wouldn't miss it, I told him to get to it. He shot in some Novocaine, let it get numb and then went to work. Well, apparently he underestimated how hard it was going to be to get out and started yanking on it with those pliers they have and gives it a few yard jerks but it didn't budge. Instead of doing something else, he just starts yanking harder, still no give. So he has the assistant gas me up pretty good, and while I don't remember much of it, I do remember him planting one knee on my chest and having her hold my head down at one point, trying to jerk the rest of that tooth out, and I remember someone at the door asking "What the hell is all that racket?"....I ended up with a black eye and a pretty good bruise on my chest, and my neck was so sore I couldn't turn my head for a week.

I decided that was the last time I'd let a dentist put me under with anything, if I'm going to take an ass kicking, I at least want the chance to fight back.

Anyway, glad you're on the road back, stones suck no matter where you have 'em (it was gallstones for me, miserable for years before I agreed to have them taken out).

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Roth.

Mike,thanks. That story does not surprise me at all. Dentists are natural born sadists who get off on causing pain. I have heard gallstones are a mother, and that they are huge in comparison to kidney stones. It is a good thing you got them out of you.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris you are in my thoughts, whatever and whenever you need we are here, I live in Louisiana but I got a good truck and Florida ain"t that far, no BS offer. The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gallstones bring their own set of problems; they get caught once in a while but can be busted up like kidney stones. The big issue is a caught stone can trigger pancreatitis. That hurts like a twisting hot dagger; I actually had a gurney take me off the plane from Hawaii on route to Pittsburgh in LA. I spent 3 days in the hospital, knocked out until it subsided.

Thank god for orthoscopic surgery. What used to be a major operation with 6 weeks of recovery is now a half hour procedure with a camera, four thin tools and a plastic bag. They blow your stomach up and snip away, sticking the gall bladder in a bag and pulling it out. Two hours in recovery and went back to work.

Watched the whole operation from the inside beforehand on the net, I bet you can find yours and watch it before you have it done. It’s actually really cool.

Good luck with the surgery, though I take the quality of the surgeon over luck any day.

Craig

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My neurosurgeon called this morning and put off the back surgery until March 5th. He says I need a clean bill of health from the urologist before he proceeds. I was at urologist yesterday talking about options, and there is a procedure where he can go in from the side and try to get it that way. I am going to choose that method even though the odds of getting the stone are not as good as going in the other way.

Harris, I hope all went well for you today and that you will be up and on the court in no time.

Best regards,'

Dean

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. fitzy

fitzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris we hope the surgery went well and your back to puffing in no time.

Midwest Wood Creations
    Be sure to check out Gecko13's handiwork when in the market for any of your pipe accessory needs such as tampers, cabinets, pipe racks etc.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  20. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear it went well. Good luck.
    Jason

Jason
    Posted 1 year ago #
  21. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yep it's on for today. Waiting so long before the knife is brutal. I hope this does the job and he gets the pain relief. Fracked up backs are a never ending battle.

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Dentists are natural born sadists who get off on causing pain

They also have some of the highest suicide rates. No one likes going to the dentist.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  23. User has not uploaded an avatar

flmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris I hope all went well for your operation and that you are resting as comfortably as possible. I know you will welcome seeing your pipes when you return home.

Doug

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. clunk

clunk

Login to Send PM

Good luck with the surgery and finding a place you hide and smoke your pipe afterwards, mate.

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys. The surgery went well so said the surgeon. He was able to scrape off enough bone from the spinal canal to open things up so the pain should be all gone. I go in Tuesday to have the 32 staples he put in me removed and then I can hopefully do some light walking and start getting my back strengthened. He said it will be 12-15 weeks before I can start playing tennis again so I will be doing the re hab thing in preparation for that. So far the pain has been manageable, I have my pipes and tobacco and this place so it is all good.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. bubblehead33

bubblehead33

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear all went well, hope everything else goes great too Harris.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   fnord, bigc, petes03, dread, briarfriar, trailboss, zenforest, andypandy, tarheel1, danielplainview, natenice1, texmexpipe, phil67, mrholmes, papajoe