PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
In the words of Basil Fawlty ....... 'Right, fine, that's it!'. I am so fed up with the winter and the never ending cold I have decided to relocate out of New York to somewhere warmer and more pleasant to avoid next years winter weather offerings. I don't think I could live in Florida as that is like a launch pad to the after life and all those 'Early Bird' specials at restaurants would totally feck with my mind. The seminal idea of being chatted up by Rita Swartz, late of NY city in her boob tube who is a widow whose husband Maurice was 'something' in the rag trade fills me with horror. I am sure you know the type, they have had so many face lifts you realize the bumps under their eyes are their nipples. I looked at the Carolina's and bits of that don't look too bad but I think I might consider New Orleans. Statistically speaking it is 72% cheaper than NY, it has many bars that allow smoking and the food is perfect for a fish eater like myself who doesn't often indulge in meat consumption. Anyone got any thoughts on NOLA?

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I live in central MA...I work a rotating shift so I'm up at 4am freezing my ass off even if I let my car warm up for 20min. Half the time I look like an eskimo or someone about to scale Mount Everest when I'm outside trying to smoke. I'm ready for summer man

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The weather in NOLA is awesome. But, 100 degree temp and 80% humidity days are common in the summer. I'd have to live just outside of the city.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I am not trying to be contrary or "holier than Thou," but it really hurt to see the title of this thread. I know there are some in our community here who find the wording very offensive (myself included). I know you meant no harm and I don't want to speak on anyone's behalf other than myself, but as a Christian, using the Lord's name as part of a euphemism just flat bothers me.
Thanks for letting me have my say.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Your welcome 'Pipestud' and we should get the Mod to fix the title to 'Fecking Weather'. Been busy with any witch trials in Salem recently?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good point Steve, I edited the title. The cold does indeed stink! We get down to single-digits here on Sunday. I have a hard time working up the gumption to smoke in my relatively comfortable workshop when it gets that cold outside.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Happy now? Thank you Mod's for your super quick response. Now back on topic outside of the NOLA pipe club what else has NOLA got going for it?

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks SSJones and Condorlover1 - You are both fine folks!
And Condor, since the weather has been in the high 70's down here the past few days, I must say (with a little guilt), that I'm just flat tired of sweating. :wink:
Thanks again!

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Some years ago I spent a week in and around New Orleans toward the end of October. It was 95 and HIGH humidity the entire time. As a displaced western New Yorker, NOLA was not for me.

ming

Lurker
Aug 9, 2014
People from Florida more here to Georgia. Rarely snows with mild winters and has the change of seasons. It does get hot here but you get used to it. Mountains in the north, the Atlantic Ocean on the east, and the panhandle of Florida an easy drive. Here in Atlanta folks have weekend homes in Destin, Savannah (and the islands), as well as up in the mountains to cool off. Average daily high for today in Metro Atlanta is 56. In March its 65 and 75 in April. Lots and lots of sun.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
A place where I can smoke my pipe unmolested by tobacco Nazis, enjoy my beer and BBQ fresh fish and indulge in my passion for skeet shooting using midgets or black powder guns and motorcycles. Some fishing would be nice too!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
What a lovely fellow you are chum. Actually I have spent a substantial amount of time in Louisiana in my 20 years in the States paying taxes to support many trailer parks. It would seem that you have an ever so slight inferiority complex with a challenging education. Tell me boy how do you spell Canada? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.