PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I've been getting into Mcclelland Virginia's, I really believe they are special and probably the best out there. I love Sam Gawith FVF, stellar but maybe not as good as McClelland. Then I opened a tin of two year old GLP Union Square. Damn, I believe I've hit the jackpot. Creamy, fruit notes, cereal grains, with a hint of malt at the bottom of the bowl, this stuff has it all. Those that knock C&D Virginias need to give this a try, if you've been let down in the past.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I've got a tin open and active right now as well. Not quite as ripe-tasting to me as some of the straight reds out there. I'd describe it as a cross between an Orlik Golden Sliced and a McClelland straight red.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I have 8 oz from 2013, and with it am following my strategy with straight VA, that is, age the piss out of it.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've got a 8oz tin of it that's dated 2/2012. I haven't yet smoked Union Square. In another couple years I'll pop it and try it.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Union Square is damn good, but you are correct sir, Mclleland is King when it comes to Virginias!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.