PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
When I first tried this blend a year ago, I wasn't crazy about it. Gave it two stars. But as a big fan of Pease blends, I jarred it up, dated it, and set it aside.
Wow, am I glad I did. There are a number of blends that I've found to dramatically improve with age, but I still enjoyed them fresh. I've never had a more extreme experience in terms of turning disappointment into pleasure.
Just wanted to say to those who may have shared my disappointment with this one fresh: lay it down. Come back in a year or so. You won't regret it.
I'll be picking up a few more tins with the intent of aging 3, 5, and 10 years.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Was it the aging or your taste maybe changing? I would be curious as to your taste of the new tin. My first puff of something with proper english almost made me gag. After trying it a few more times I grew to have a craving for it.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Johnny- interesting question. Since I smoke mainly Virginias and VaPers, I doubt it's tastes changing. But I'll try a bowl out of me of the new tins I pick up prior to jarring.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Being a fan of navy flake, I liked Navigator fresh from the beginning, but also put several tins in the cellar for ageing.

Status
Not open for further replies.