PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
I have been smoking some Maltese Falcon - Talk about smokey, leathery, sweet goodness.

This blend is a real winner. I have been smoking it in a large bowl and once it has a bit of drying time it delivers. I am not a frequent English/Latakia smoker, but this one is very nice for an occasional change of taste.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
Maltese Falcon is on my short list of blends to try. Hoping to grab a couple of ounces in one of my next purchases.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Maltese Falcon is a great blend. I wrote a so-so review after it didn't hit my expectations, but the rest of the tin proved that it was my issue, not the tobacco! Now in my regular rotation.
Andy

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I need to try this blend. I want it mostly because of the label and also because I love the movie.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The label and movie initially attracted me to this blend as well. Love it, love it, love it. I don't smoke it much anymore but still have a couple pounds nice aging.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
This is one of the very few Pease latakia blends that just doesn't sit right with me. I prefer my latakia blends to basically not be sweet at all, and to me, this is halfway to Frog Morton, which I detest.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Good stuff, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the thing dreams are made of, to quote the movie. As with all GLP blends, one needs to smoke a full tin minimum. I enjoy the complexity of Greg's blends, and I really enjoy the body of Maltese Falcon. It's in my cellar/closet in multiple cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.