Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I bought a tin yesterday, and am smoking my second bowl. I really like this a lot. I remember one of the guys at Smoking Pipes had been smoking through all the GLP blends, and this was the one he liked the most. Between the glowing review there, and my desire to try more medium Latakia blends, I figured this would fit the bill.
One thing I'm a bit surprised at is how much more Latakia-forward it is than I expected. It definitely has the spiciness I associate with the genre, though it's not at all over the top or unpleasant. I wonder if the tin being so young (5/2019) might have something to do with it? Then again, the tin description is "balkan with restraint," which does not necessarily mean "balkan with meekness." Could just be my own expectations.
Either way, I think it's really nice. Any fans of this one out there?

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I recently bought a couple of tins of Kensington and have enjoyed it quite a bit. Though I don’t smoke many blends with Latakia I’m very glad to have it.

The Orientals are well balanced to the Virginias. All in all, a masterful blend. I’ll let this rest until fall/winter, looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.