PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Can you guys tell me some GLP and C&D blends that fall into the Aero or more into VA/aero blends. There are so many I am just tired of searching. No or very very little Latakia.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I suggest the Two Friends Heritage Blend by GLP and C&D. It is a Virginia Medley with a very light aromatic to bring out the sweetness of the Virginia. No Latakia.
I also recommend a light English aromatic with just a pinch of Latakia. Kind of like the way I use pepper on eggs. Just enough to know it is there, but no one but you will know it. A fine aromatic women love and the tobacco taste is there for you. It is the blend I created with the late Craig Tarler of C&D and it is pictured below. Here is a link to it.: http://pipesandcigars.com/coditincabob.html or at the C&D website here: http://www.cornellanddiehl.com/aromatic_blends.htm Just scroll down the page near the bottom for Aromatics Containing Latakia.
Both blends should be readily available from www.pipesandcigars.com or from C&D direct at www.cornellanddiehl.com.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
You won't find a standard GLPease-branded aromatic; he has said that he really doesn't smoke them and doesn't (at least, at this point) have any desire to blend them. I think the closest you can get would be one of his blends that include a rum component, such as Navigator, a navy-flake style Virginia.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Haddo's Delight! No Latakia, very sweet and also peppery. Definitely fruity, and has some rum. Virginia, Cavendish, Burley and Perique. This stuff is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.