PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Never had Glen Piper, but Peterson's Irish Oak is a great smoke.

~Ron

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm a big fan of Irish Oak. IMO one of the best hybrid VaPers. If this is the type of blend you're seeking, the undisputed king of such hybrid VaPers is GL Pease's Haddo's Delight.
In this realm of VaPers with "a little extra to it" I would also highly recommend Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique. For something even more outside the box try GL Pease's Cairo: VaPer + Oriental. And of course there is always GL Pease's Barbary Coast: cube cut, heavier on the burley, lighter on the Perique, and a more pronounced brandy topping. Finally, there is Hearth& Home's FreightTrain, another VaBurPer with some great flavor.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Glen Piper is more aromatic than VA/Per, IMO. Quite mild in body and nic as Irish Oak is fairly strong.
I agree with Perique's MacBee Acadian Perique suggestion. It reminded me of Irish Oak.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
i am a fan of Irish Oak, and upon the comments above have just ordered McB Acadian Perique, Barbary Coast and Cario.
I can also recommend 4noggins Weybridge as a VaperBurley blend.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I'm a fan of the Glen Piper. It has a light topping and a nice base underneath. A pleasant smoke.

chacom-600x448.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.