PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I've read a LOT of horrible reviews on this forum, regarding Jobey Stromboli pipes. I was watching one on ebay the other day, and of course nobody placed a bid on it. Since I'm kind of a hard-headed guy and like to form my own opinions, I put the minimum bid of $19.95 on it and won it.
I just smoked this pipe for the first time, and I have to say that I like everything about it. I think it is one of the more attractive pipes in my collection, it has a great bowl size, thick walls, and a large chamber, it is balanced well, it's beefy, and I love the square shank.
It tried it out with some Molto Dolce. It remained as cool as before it was lit, the draw was perfect, and it provided a nice long smoke.
Maybe I just got lucky with this one, but I'm really glad I went with my gut.
stromboli-1-600x461.jpg

stromboli-2-600x483.jpg

stromboli-3-600x438.jpg

stromboli-4-600x440.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Always good to think for oneself. That's a handsome pipe - glad it smokes well for you!

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
I have a Jobey Stromboli, half-bent something-(big thick-walled billiard bowl shape with a square shank)-or-other. It's a pretty good smoker, I keep it for aros. Only thing is it doesn't pass a cleaner, but you can remove the stem at any time, so "whatever". :)

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
REP:
The Jobey name has been passed around like a box of Kleenex down through the years.
http://pipedia.org/wiki/Jobey
It's a perpetual orphan.
I've owned a few and all were made in different countries. They maybe weren't great smokers but I still liked them because they delivered the goods.
Yours is especially attractive, pal. Enjoy it.
Fnord

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Good to hear it smokes well and at a great price. I am awaiting cleaning/restoration by a forum member of the bent version for possible purchase. Dig them deep craggy briars.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Great looking pipe. Trust your own opinion, don't worry what others think. I have two Jobey pipes. Unicorn 470 & Torino 200. Both are excellent in quality and smoking enjoyment. Congrats.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Congrats!

Jobey pipes are pretty decent. Their weakest point is IMO the "link", seen quite a few not functioning as intended due to abuse and carelessness, but that can be said about any pipe......

Status
Not open for further replies.