Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Here is what I woke up to this morning.

Al Gore and his "Global Warming" can kiss my a$$. :crying:
2013-04-19080947_zps89d1832f.jpg

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Bloody Hell 05, where the hell are you located? My buddies and I were just saying the same thing after this crazy winter, Gore and the tree huggers deserve a huge kick to the nads!!!!! We had 20 degrees Celsius yesterday and tomorrow its a high of 4 degrees. Winter can kiss my ass!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Good luck Kent, hope it melts quickly for you. Enjoy the den! When it looked like that outside here the best I could do was my garden shed :crying: it had a little space heater but I still froze.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
My friend that lives in MN just sent me pics of her snow-covered home and yard yesterday. Screw that man, I am ready for tank tops and flip flops :)

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
In Colorado, we've had snow falling more days this week than not, and after today's expected high of 50+, we're supposed to get more sno 8)w this weekend. Actually, this is a good thing because we've been in yet another drought cycle with summer temperatures creeping up year by year. Carp about how dumbed-down so-called "global warming" is all you want - actual scientists prefer the term "global climate change", and it's happening. What we're experiencing with the goofy winter weather patterns is the difference between statistical averages and actual local conditions. :puffpipe:
And as a result, I've decided that in our next house I want an indoor smoking space, be it den, shed, or enclosed porch...

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I hate to say this, but I am personally responsable for your discomfort. I stopped using aerosol cans over a year ago and switched to a refillable spray bottle for cleaning my counter tops. It appears the lack of florocarbons in the atmosphere has completely reversed the 'greenhouse effect' and now you are paying the price. My deepest apologies, but it had to be done to save our planet.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
05, I know it sounds contradictory but all that snow is actually the best proof for global warming - the temperature changes shift winds and pressure zones.
I have no doubt that there is a global warming period going on, HOWEVER(!!) I'm am unconvinced that we humans are the premier cause of that effect. The earth has been under warming and cooling periods for millions and millions of years, long before any humanoid crawl on its surface ...

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
This was a JOKE >>
Al Gore and his "Global Warming" can kiss my a$$. [:crying:]
I have no doubt about the something is happening as far as climate change goes. I was only posting about my displeasure of my current wintry spring although we do desperately need the added moisture and what tombraider has done to the climate. LOL
:laughat:
I hate to say this, but I am personally responsable for your discomfort. I stopped using aerosol cans over a year ago and switched to a refillable spray bottle for cleaning my counter tops. It appears the lack of florocarbons in the atmosphere has completely reversed the 'greenhouse effect' and now you are paying the price. My deepest apologies, but it had to be done to save our planet.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
This site is not a 'political' forum, I know.
Al Gore.
running around the country complaining about global warming and our use of natural resources, blah blah.
Has anyone seen his house in Tennesee? And the fact that he has four children, each one needing fresh water, sanitation, food, sneakers, etc etc?
What nerve this guy has.
Disgusted.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I just feel I should mention changes in temperature over short periods of time(such as a few years or a single seaso) is weather and not indicative of global warming or global cooling. With that said, 05 I feel your pain, we had 80 degree weather here last week, then an ice storm earlier this week which killed one of my trees :(

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Last year at this time it was shorts weather where I live, this year I'm still wearing my parka and there's still snow. Glad I can smoke in my house, because I just arranged the score of my life at work last night from a nurse who just got back from Cuba. I'm getting a box of 25 Cohiba's for 175$, or 7$ per cigar, these are about 50$ plus where I live in the store, and 23 monte cristo #4's for 93$, or 4$ a cigar. The funny thing is she was selling these guantanamo cigars in tubes for 10$ each, and I can get them for about the same price here. I didn't let her know that of course, but she was selling the cheapest cigars she had for the most, and the most expensive for a price that was way too low. Plus the guy who hooked me up with the deal gave me a free romeo y juliet yesterday. I'm more than smitten. Pick them up Wednesday. Now I'll have cigars for over a year easily, one a week at the most. All I can say is wow, I asked her how much and when she said the prices I just said I'll buy everything you have left.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Currently it's 54 degrees out, with an expected high of 58. Tonight we're slated for rain, then 2-4 inches of snow. Ah, spring in the Rocky Mountains... 8O

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I just feel compelled to point out that "global warming" has a number of consequences, including extreme and/or unseasonable snowfall as a result of disrupted weather patterns. It's a mistaken notion to equate it solely with a rise in temperatures.
Bob

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
The funny thing about the global warming is that I always look at the weather channel, and usually all of the temperature patterns repeat themselves every 80 years or so. The earth wobbles every so often, so I think that is why you see the big temperature changes, and the wobble happens something like once every 80 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.