PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland

That's right, we've tracked down some genuine Syrian Latakia, and are now offering 500 tins of this fabled blend in its original recipe. Available 7/5/16. http://www.cornellanddiehl.com

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Greg has more info in his site.
Both exciting and frustrating. During Cornell & Diehl's move from North to South Carolina, several pounds of vintge Syrian latakia turned up. I was called, and asked, "Do you want to do something with this?" A silly question. The right question was what I would want to do with it. That was easy to answer, too.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I got my tin a couple hours ago and am smoking a bowl now. I'll have a review in about three days.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
Question: "Do you want to do something with this?"
Response: "Hmmmm.... Yeah call Greg, and then once he's whipped things in shape, send a tin to Jim Inks and then contact gsmunoz to arrange shipment of the remaining tins."
I think it's a fantastic plan. 8)

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
More info on GLPease.com
With this as the finishing sentence:
Stay tuned for additional announcements regarding my two newest blends, Regents Flake and Temple Bar, which will be released on 12th July.
:clap: Exciting news!!!

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
I will be on vacation all next week and will have to miss this release. No happy about that, but you win some, you lose some right!? I'm sure this will be a fantastic blend that gets talked about for years to come. Very cool release.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I hesitated on The Beast and lost. I hesitated on the Carolina Red and lost. THIS ONE I REALLY REALLY WANT!!! I love Syrian latakia and can only imagine what it would be like in The Master's hands! I've marked the date on my calendar... I'll check spc every 5 minutes til it appears... and you know what? I think that by the time I do this, it'll all be gone anyway. I HOPE they put a limit on it so us TAD peons can at least maybe have a chance at scoring a tin! Sigh... yes Virginia, there IS a Santy Claws... yes Virginia, there IS a Santy Claws... yes yes yes....

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Aside from SmokingPipes.com - what other retailers will this be available at?
Retailers so far: - Smokingpipes - Tobacconist of cary - P&C - 4noggins - Iwan Ries - Cigar Monkey - Briar Patch - Ye Olde Pipe & Tobacco - Boda Pipe.
I won't be surprised if it's one per customer.
Smokingpipes' limit will be 2 p/p, but I can't speak to the other retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.