GL Pease Odyssey or any other English/Balkan tonight?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Tonight relaxing with a few bowls of Odyssey in my Stanwell apple; just ordered a twin companion since I love this pipe so much.
Anyone else enjoy Odyssey? If not your cup of tea...are you enjoying an English/Balkan tonight? Which pipe are you using on this fine Saturday evening?
Pairing your smoke with any spirits? Maybe after a good, filling meal?

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
A bowl or two of GLP's Abingdon and a tumbler of "Honey Jack". Sitting here looking out over the pond and watching the fish dimple the water as they sip insects off the surface. A pleasant summer evening indeed.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I am yet to try any GL Pease blends because I cannot decide which ones I want to order. Gaslight, Quiet Nights, Meridian, Abingdon... Can I oh wrong with any of them?

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
I consider Odyssey to be the absolute pinnacle of all Balkans along with Magnum Opus. It does have flaws - sometimes burns poorly and has little nicotine, but it is my favorite blend, taste wise. I'm also one of the few who considers it a mode rabble complex blend, while most seem to feel its one dimensional.

Anyhow -- great choice!

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Hmm I'm literally just thinking about what to smoke tonight. Wilderness it is. I'll load up in my Brigham bent apple as I just finished cleaning my other latakia pipes. Probably with a cup of earl grey.
I have yet to try a Pease blend for the same reason as fmgee. I have some Westminster in my cart online, and would like to try Abingdon as well. Hell they all sound good.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Forgot to mention that I was smoking Crown Achievement for the first time this evening. I only got a 1 Oz sample but I am pretty sure already that I will want to pick up more.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Tonight I tried WhiteKnight and BlackHouse. I liked them both, BH a bit more then WK. Anything similar in bulk?

what would be a good bulk Balkan?

Status
Not open for further replies.