PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have an open tin of Navigator that is dated December 2012 and I had not smoked it for going on a year. The other day I loaded up a pipe and was really blown away at how the Kentucky in it had become much more rounded and mellow. The Virginia really shined through and with the rum was nice and sweet. I know that many of you who tried it in the beginning were not enamored with it and felt it was just too harsh. I also thought it was a bit harsh, but it did not stop me from going through a tin of it while fresh. Now I wished I had put that first tin away as the difference is like night and day. If any of you have an open tin from back then, I suggest trying it and see what you think, or if you only have sealed tins, crack one open as I beleive it is really nice with only a couple of years plus on it. I have smoked 3 bowls of it since I had put it away and I have loved everyone of them.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
About the only GLP blend I smoke fresh is Piccadilly the rest are hidden away to enjoy at a later date . I had similar results with some Embarcardero that had been holed up in a jar for many moons .

Status
Not open for further replies.