PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
I just became aware of the GL Pease blends... Does anyone know where to find them??????????? :D
I found some of ebay, but holy crap do those people want a lot for their tins!!!!!!!!!! 8O

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
His LOTR blends were all for NASPC shows as a featured blend, and were made one time only in Limited quantities. They do sell for quite a bit, but most can still be found under 50 if you just keep your eyes open. I've had parts of 2 tins of Aragorn that friends and myself went in on. Also, this past year at the Chicago show snagged a tin of Smaugweed for $35 :D -- I'll be opening that in a few years.
Good luck on your search.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I hate when people do this "one time only" crap. If you're only doing it one time then I'm not buying. Good cause or not.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The NASPC/Pease/LOTR tins are fairly hot collectibles. Most folks that buys these are either collecting the set (i.e. me) or buying them to resell. This year's tin is Balrog and is sold out. You can get it on eBay for $50+. Not many tins have shown up there yet.
I do have the complete set, but it is getting harder to acquire the new releases for a reasonable price.
Smaugweed is a wonderful Balkan blend. I wish I had enough that I could open another tin.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
They were very good for any who didn't get their hands on one. . . but once peopel discovered this full-tilt it has become more trouble than its worth to find them I think. It's the same reason I hate good wine really. I had a '89 of a vineyard I've been drinking for a long time and it was just above and beyond anything else they had ever made. Now I'm constantly irked because I can't find another bottle of that year *chuckles*
Don't ever try things that are consumable and on a limited run unless you can afford to get enough for one a year for the rest of your life is my motto.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
Good call Yoru... When I found out about the blends I was really excited; I am once again reading LOTR and I thought it would be great to smoke the blends while I read. It is really a shame that they are not readily available. I guess it is Grey Havens and Deep Hollow for my pipe-weed...

Status
Not open for further replies.