PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I bought a couple tins in January. Enjoyed a couple bowls and cellared the rest. Was very enjoyable then. Will have to try it again this weekend and see how 6 months of cellaring suits it. Very good review and I agree.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Thanks for the review! I'm going to have to order some soon...GLP is going to break me if he keeps coming out with all these good blends. :puffpipe:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
In light of recent events that pertain to Bob's health, I thought it might be fun to revisit a review by the man himself about my new favorite tobacco lol. Read Kevin's too if you have the time. It's linked in Bob Tate's review.
I received a small cube of this in the Box Pass and just lit it up a few days ago. I'm a few bowls in and I can't describe how amazing this stuff is.
*Proceeds to describe how amazing this stuff is*
My first bowl was extremely depressing as I attempted to slice the small cube into thin flakes and then fold them into a small pipe. Bad idea for a first bowl. The smoke and flavor were all there, bif midway into the bowl the huge chunks of plug weren't staying lit. Surprize surprize. :crazy:
So to solve my problem for my next bowl I was going to try another first that I read on these great forums a while back... I blitz'd it in my cheapo coffee bean grinder. 3 pulses later I'm left with these small broken up leaves much like the ones in the photo on Bob Tate's article.
And they smoked like a dream come true. To me the tin note smells like beef jerky, and the smoke is remeniscent of meaty goodness with a nice sweet and spicy overtone to it. The meatyness plays in the background and the sweet spices really dance in the front. It smoked extremely well all the way to the bottom with the aid of a few relights.
And here's the awesome thing for me... Usually the relights at the bottom to get the very last bit of leaf are harsh on my tongue and loose flavor because of the extreme heat that's created when you try to pull the flame all the way to the bottom (my pipes generally have large bowls, it's been hell learning with them), but this blend fights flavor loss and harshness under extreme conditions very well.
We've only known each other for a short time, but I can tell she's a keeper. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.