PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Has anyone ever had the opportunity to smoke any of this tobacco from 2010? I know they only made 200 tins. I bought a tin off an auction, but I don't want to open it because there are only 200 of them. I'm sure most of the owners feel the same way, but I'm also sure someone has smoked it. Anyone on here? I'd be curious to hear how it was. Knowing Greg it is superb I'm sure.

dirtydex

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2011
You should just smoke it and consider yourself one of the lucky 200 that gets to experience a unique blend such as this. This is especially true if you have pipe smoking friends near to you that you can share a bowl of this rare mixture with.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
monty55, could you give us the description from the tin about what the constituent tobaccos are and how this

blend is described, so we could better visualize what this might be like? There's some reason it had such a

sort run. Maybe GLP came up with another, better version that is now sold. There's a story here, and it would

be interesting to hear it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Latakia, Orientals and Virginia -- sounds like a tasty English blend. If you've got 'em, smoke 'em.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Limited items such as this were meant to be enjoyed in my opinion. Wine is for drinking and tobacco is for smoking. Let beanie babies appreciate in value, smoke that tin. Consider smoking a bowl of it only on special occasions and at ideal times, if you like it in the first place?

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
daimyo,dirtydex, I agree. Since it's a 2010, and from what I understand Latakia blends tend to peak at about 4 or 5 years, I will indeed crack that tin open and smoke it... this year. Optimally, I would like to find someone nearby to share a first bowl with. I hate enjoying something like this by myself. I believe all great things were meant to be appreciated by all. Or in this case as many as possible. I will keep my eye out for someone worthy of this treat.. and my company ;)

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I definitely feel you should smoke it. The only purpose in saving it would be that it appreciates in value.

If you save it to sell it in the future, you forgo the opportunity to taste it.

Smoking it will also guarantee its disappearance, but you will have tasted it.
Open it. Put it in a Mason jar. Partake of it as your appetite dictates.

Status
Not open for further replies.