PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Its been a long week on the farm. I haven't smoked since last Sunday night. This evening I loaded a pipe with some Westminster and took a glass of iced tea and sat back to reflect on the week past and the week ahead, but I had trouble concentrating. I kept getting distracted by the pipe experience.
This has been the best smoke I've had in months. I'm usually a 2-3 bowl a day smoker, until I get really busy and then there isn't time to enjoy it...so I don't bother. I have noticed this before and think my taste buds get desensitized over time due to the constant smoking. I smoke steadily from May/June until harvest begins in August/September and then it becomes whenever I can manage it. These unintentional breaks have always been eye opening for me. I take a moment and the first opportunity to smoke is always much better than anything else I was doing before the interruption of my smoking routine.
In fact, I bet most of the time over the summer I was smoking out of habit. I'd like to think I should start paying more attention, be more "in the moment" and I'd have these kinds of experiences more often.
So, I have another busy week ahead and there won't likely be any pipe time. It won't be all bad....I have the next smoke to look forward to. I think this will be the best time to try some new blends.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I'm with ya' mlaug! I smoked a bit last weekend getting the review for First Responders done, but then didn't smoke anything at all throughout the week. I've now had two bowls today and enjoying it quite a bit.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
Your experience mirrors my own. I've found that sometimes my tongue needs as much rest as my pipes!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
This evening I loaded a pipe with some Westminster and took a glass of iced tea and sat back to reflect on the week past and the week ahead, but I had trouble concentrating. I kept getting distracted by the pipe experience.
That's what it's all about... sometimes it's contemplation... others is just you and the pipe...

You deserve your pipe time...

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.