Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Gifts from the In-Laws

(2 posts)
  1. alex87

alex87

Login to Send PM

So the In-Laws just came back from a cruise and among lots of jewelry and clothes for the wife they brought me back a few treasures.

I hadn't asked them to look for baccy because i didn't think they would have time to go searching for me, but they managed to dig some up.

Along with a large 12 year bottle of Glenlivet, they brought back a pouch each of Paladin Black Cherry and Middleton's Gold & Mild.

They said they paid almost nothing for them and had no idea if they were any good. I laughed and said we'll see haha...

After a quick intertube search i found some mixed reviews on the Black Cherry (most not too favourable), but nothing on the Middleton's. I understand the Black Cherry isn't to everyones taste, and as a still new smoker i'll give her a shot with no pretense (expect a somewhat newbish review in the near future).

The Middleton's intregues me though. It claims "Golden Cavandish" so we'll see how it turns out.

I jarred them both this morning and will dip into one later. I know these are low end OTC's but i am actually looking forward to trying some new things...

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey Alex.... don't dismiss the Paladin.
    I just finished two pouches in the last couple of weeks.
    It is what it is....
    Here's a review I wrote a while back:
    Paladin Black Cherry

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   pitchfork, 3rdguy, burleyboy, orlandofurioso