PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
DAE6B2E3-5981-47FD-82DA-3C0B6548A1D5-22581-00002A45628F9F11_zps0ebfd713.jpg
Wife checks mail enroute to takeing 12 yr old Grandaughter to swimming pool. Calls in cell, humph another pipe. Says I , I didn't order no stinking pipe. Well a good man on this forum sent it to me, too big for him and maybe not big enough for Me .He is a dog lover and PMon escapades and growing up helped him during trying times . I know this man as much as you can know a man thru the Internet, early riser, hard worker , really responsible job. He pondered about things in a nice letter we accumulate in life, how they are just that things. Younger folks may not understand but us older farts do. How many things do you need. Why not make some deserving person a gift, not talking about me, just a way of life we should aspire to. Tis better to give than receive. You know who you are and I thank you even though it does not seem enough, You are a good man.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I'd say a free Dunhill is a pretty decent gift! Things are just that. Well, that said, a Dunhill is a very nice thing. Good job, whoever you are.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
In the end, it's all just stuff ya can't take with you. Better to let it make some ones day than let it turn to dust...(Good on someone gifting it. God Bless)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Good for you, Brad, and to the generous person who gifted it to you.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
That's an awesome gesture from a very appreciative and generous friend for sure. Enjoy that pipe in good health Bradley. Your stories and pictures of Pmon are fantastic and bring a lightheartedness to this forum. As we can all see there is more to pipes and tobacco than just pipes and tobacco. Thanks for sharing your good fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.