Gift For Coworker/Good Friend

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by anthonyrosenthal74
  • Latest reply from anthonyrosenthal74
  1. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a buddy I work with, who although not leaving the company is moving to a different department. He's my fathers age, 65, and enjoys a good cigar and a glass of wine out in his garage watching hockey on the big screen after a day of work. Well, the generosity bug of this forum has infected me, and as a parting gift I thought I'd buy him a nice cigar and perhaps a pipe. So I'm about to purchase myself a Nording freehand, and one for himself as well, along with a Camacho Pre-Embargo cigar, and perhaps some pipe tobacco. Maybe I'll just give him a good portion of my Black House and perhaps some Captain Black White for when his wife is around. He's a great all around guy. Helped me out a few times when I was in a real financial pinch, and even gave away some of his work hours for me a few times. And although, in his mind, I don't owe him anything in return, I think I owe him this as a show of respect and gratitude. Not only for the help, but for being a stand up guy. Just wanted to share.

Cut me... I bleed black.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds great, I'm sure he will be moved

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Best idea I have heard all week. Well done

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

That karma comes back in spades. Good for you, Anthony!

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. profpar

profpar

Login to Send PM

Very thoughtful

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's awesome Anthony!

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Heck... I may buy myself a Camacho as well and catch a hockey game with him. (I just want to watch the game on his huge screen )

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Outstanding.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This warms my heart Anthony

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks all I'll get my tax check in a few weeks, and will order it then. I've written it down and put it where i'll see it everyday to keep me motivated to do so. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the look on his face when I present it. I know for a fact his eyes are going to light up like a kid in a candy store.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. chakaraka

chakaraka

Login to Send PM

Isn't it great when you can achieve that response in someone you respect? Sounds like a great idea...very good playing it forward.

Mike.
    - - - - - -
    Rookie, but learning.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is, chakaraka. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll let everyone know how it all pans out when it happens.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   meatballj, mrenglish, yazamitaz, rifraf, daimyo, melvinsunsmokedcastello, soymilkisgood, cortezattic, lochinvar, framitz, okiescout, trailboss, pitchfork, misterlowercase, murf, northernneil, prndl, andy, kf4bsb, anthonyrosenthal74, tbradsim1, tobyducote, agnosticpipe, cmdrmcbragg, texmexpipe, conlejm, jaybee