PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Here's the pipe I mentioned earlier. What a monster! What do you think? This morning I broke down and smoked it, making any return impossible. It smoked like a dream for a good thirty minutes. Notice also the flat bottom, making it a good sitter.

img_06371-600x397.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the encouraging words, gentlemen. I appreciate it, and I'm a bit more comfortable now in owning this handsome, albeit large, pipe.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I saw some giants like that at the Briary event. They are nice looking pipes and despite being so large we're only around $200 which I thought was a steal.

verse

Lurker
Mar 6, 2014
Who cares what I think...I do...and she looks like a real sweetie. My first pipe had a bottomless pit of a bowl. I still have it and love it...it's an old Brigham Mountaineer #347 rusticated. Not nearly as sophisticated as your baby. And as a new Nording owner...I get it.
Congrats!

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Very nice Hawk!

You said the first 30 minutes smoked well. How about the last 30? I love Nordings but found they smoke better with Erik's stones at the bottom of the bowl as it keeps it for getting too wet and gurgling. I use the stones in all of my bent pipes except my meers which don't need them.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
WOW!

Nice pipe remind me a chocolate cakes.

How about smoke Boswell Chocolate Cream in it? Perfect match could be.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Tomorrow I believe I'll post a pic of the most remarkable plateau I've ever seen from this pipe. It looks like streams of chocolate covered lava pouring into the chamber. And thanks again for all the great complements on the pipe. I'm comfortable owning this pipe now--and I can always use it as a defensive weapon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.