PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
I'm getting 2 new pipes on Wednesday and restarting the pipe hobby. Back in the day when I used to smoke I didn't hear much about Ghosting. That's the main reason I got 2 pipes. I'm getting a Savinelli Tevere and a Stanley Brushed Black 185. The tobaccos resting in the back of the UPS Truck are: Frog Morton Celler, Dunhill Flake, Mississippi River, Samual Gawth Full Virginia Flake and Orlik Golden Sliced. I'm thinking the ones with Latakia I'll confine to one pipe and the pure Virginias to the other. I'm sort of Virginia heavy here as you can see. Need a recommendation for a stronger English blend. Plus which pipe for the English Blends or does it matter?
Thanks - The Pipeless Toad

northernstar

Lurker
Aug 2, 2014
Yeah, that is my plan. I actually have some Frog Morton Cellar on the way to my house as well!. And I have smoked OGS in one pipe, and I bought another pipe for the FMC. I plan to smoke the Molto Dolce I got in the same pipe as the OGS, but I am not sure how well that will work, haha.

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
Sparks, I seem to recall back when I smoked before that I didn't have a high opinion of Burley tobaccos but very high of Virginia so I'll stick with it. As far as the singing I've seen that mentioned on many YouTube videos about how the same tobacco tastes noticeably better in a certain pipe, I sometimes wonder whether it's just a better pipe or has a unique symbiosis, as you suggested, with the smoker. Looking forward to finding out.
The Ghostbusting Toad

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
As far as what to smoke from which pipe, you'd want the wider bowl for Latakia blends and the narrower bowl for VA.
Personally I think you can get away with smoking the others ( except for Mississippi River, which I am not very familiar with ) right on top of FMC. The Lat is not super heavy and will dissipate after a bowl or two ( if you give it a good clean beforehand ).

Status
Not open for further replies.