PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
I have a few 1 oz samplers, maybe 5 or 6. I store them in a tupperware box, its mainly aromatics. Will I get a problem with ghosting?

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
th

Here's a link which may be helpful: http://askannamoseley.com/2011/08/reader-question-how-do-i-de-stink-my-tupperware/

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
The container is brand new, and never used to store food in :D

It have to do until I get some glass jars again.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I always have plenty of jars on hand in anticipation of me receiving my next lot of bulk tobacco, also have 12 large jars awaiting pickup tomorrow or Friday (Australia Time)

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It's not very air-tight, but it's better than nothing
Actually, a good Tupperware works really well at holding in moisture.

I switched from a wooden box humidor to a "Tupperdore" for my cigars over 2 years ago

and will never go back! The Tupperware hygrometer only needs checking once a week! :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know about Tupperware brand, but plastic storage containers have intriguing properties.

When you store pasta sauce or chili in plastic containers, they definitely retain some of the smell

and coloring; you can see the coloring after you've scrubbed out the discernible smell. I think they

hold in moisture, at least short term (months). But there is a decided exchange of materials between

the plastics and the contents. Beverages in plastic always taste a little different than the same

beverage in glass, and beverages in cans a little different again. Glass seems the most inert.

Status
Not open for further replies.