PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I’ve never really needed to dedicate pipes before, smoking mostly VAs and VaPers.
But then I discovered I liked a few Aros after all. So I picked one pipe to be for: Lakelands and Aros I thought would ghost badly - and another for Aros but no Lakelands or heavy ghosters.
So now I’m trying to guess which new things might be bad ghosters when I try them - I planned to always cobbit first. Though right now my cobs all ghosted up from experimenting with aros. One smells like lakeland and the other smells like orange Halberg if there was such a thing.
Any opinions on these so far as their ghosting? Just received:

Mac Baren Dark Twist

G&H Dark Flake unscented
To gauge by how I feel about others I’ve tried so far:

Ennerdale - might ghost a pipe forever

Rattray Exotic Orange - medium ghoster

Mac Baren Green Halberg - strong ghoster

CAO Moontrance - light ghoster, but then I might not mind a hint of vanilla with something else, so maybe an agreeable ghost?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Not an aromatic fan myself but have tried a few from both the Kendal houses (Samuel Gawith and Gawith & Hoggarth) and would wager any aromatic from there would heavily ghost a pipe.
Regards,
Jay.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I agree, I have the Dark Flake Scented, which I expect to ghost as badly as Ennerdale. But the Dark Flake Unscented I’m expecting to be a light ghoster or maybe not a ghoster - I can rest a pipe for weeks easily.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
I've smoked a fair amount of dark twist and didn't notice any ghosting in the pipes that I smoked it in. Mine was bought in bulk, whether that matters or not, I do not know.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I could be wrong on that one. I've about ruined a few cobs I think. One has a definite sweet orangey smell I was attributing to the Exotic Orange. Though I'm no longer sure what I smoked in which anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.