PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
From time to time I get tired of a blend. Maybe it is because I got carried away and ordered half a pound before sampling, or I go on a binge and wear it out. So that leaves me with some of this and some of that, and I from time to time consolidate jars and let them sit for a few months to marry and then try out. My newest creation is one I call Ghost Ship. It is made up of one ounce Haunted Book Shop, one ounce Exclusive, and just shy of three ounces of Queen Anne's Revenge. This has been sittting in a jar for about six months now and I just popped it open to have a go. It still has a very strong run note, but not near as strong a the QAR on its own. There is now a very earthy undertone to the rum flavor in the smoke and a nice amount of spice. It doesn't come off as pepper but rather like hot cinnamon candy, although not near that intense. The body of the smoke is full and I love that in a smoke! Also as an added bonus this has some good nicotine content but it is not a head spinner by most standards. Not all my experiments work out this wel, but I'll sure enjoy this five ounces of Ghost Ship.
I'm curious as to what others mix and find that they like. Also the reason why you mix in the first place. Is it out of boredom like mine or is it another reason?

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I love the names given to tobacco. I often buy because of name. So, your recipe sounds enticing

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I mix 50/50 Old Dark Fired and Bold Kentucky just to give the former some oomph and to take the edge off the latter.
I also have a jar of 50/50 FVF and St. James Flake, this makes the perique in the latter less peppery and more fruity. I do the same ratio with FVF and McClelland's 2015 for the very same reason.
I haven't got around to giving them names however :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I do that quite often .. and just as often like the results! My last one was about 50/50 Squadron Leader and Old Ironsides. It made a very soft and latakia pronounced blend with the very heavy latakia of the OI being pulled back somewhat by the SL. I have about 40g of it left.
Like Jay though I have never given it a name.
How about Old Jockstrap ? 8)
Mike

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You guys are telling us you're jock sniffers?? :)
As to Ghost Ship, it has a very unfortunate association around the Bay Area of SF: it was the nick name of a building that burnt down with many casualties.

Status
Not open for further replies.