PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Anyone try this stuff? I bought some and jarred it couple of weeks ago. It smells really potent so I'm looking forward to it.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm such a Vitamin-N lightweight, but I'm always tempted to try Nic-heavy blends. Thankfully, I have no way of buying this locally. Room spins are no fun.
-Jason

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Bought 17oz of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Bulk Brown "Happy" Bogie,they say these 2 are similar, and I love it.Will buy more to let age...

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I have some coming in tomorrow. Won't be able to smoke it for a while (knocking out most of my open tins), but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Oct 22, 2011
I have some and tried to smoke a bowl of this alone. Wow. I prefer strong Nic blends (e.g., Irish Flake, Jacknife Plug, etc.). SG Brown Rope No 4 is the end of the line, brother. I usually ADD some to other blends that I find weak. However, I have not attempted to smoke a "pure" bowl of it since my first encounter. The taste is great. It's actually fairly smooth to me. Not bitter. Fair aroma. Yet, the N will sneak up on you like you cannot imagine.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Ive been meaning to put some on my TAD list, sounds like its good stuff.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Mike, aint afraid of it. I do embrace the butt load of flavor. Looking forward to it. Thanks fellas.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I tried half a bowl of this out of a Peterson Dublin in a silver mount. It is a very full and potent blend to say the least. I like it for a now and then smoke but not daily. It needed a long time to dry out fully enough to smoke. I'd buy more if the opportunity arose.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I thought I had it dry enough yesterday but it weren't and bit like a rabid dog. For sure you gotta dry it out and then dry it out some more. After that it is a dandy smoke.

Oct 22, 2011
Wow. I'm pretty impressed by some of you guys saying you smoke this stuff every day. Again, I can take the Nic hit. Is brown Irish twist the same as brown rope #4? That's what I thought we were discussing. The taste, I think, is pleasant but rather a one note taste. That one note is tasty. Mike, man, you smoke BR#4 all day, every day? Your beard must have a beard. Your pipes must have beards.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I had three bowls of this yesterday or should I say 2 1/2 as I couldn't finish the last half. I smoked the last bowl after lunch and just got to the point where I felt like I just piged out on desert. I didn't feel sick just full. I smoked an oscuro wrapper cigar one time that made me feel like I pigged out on cake and icecream. So I've learned my limit with this stuff. Very tasty though. I like it alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.