PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Do any of you get light headed from smoking some tobaccos while others do not bother you? I have always smoked high latikia blends. Recently I tried Cornell and Deihl's Tuggle Hall and retried Dunhill's My Mixture 965 and both made me light headed. Any thoughts?

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
Only time I get light headed is either when I accidentally inhale or I smoke 4 bowls in a row. I haven't tried either of those 2 blends so not sure if its the tobacco or not :oops:

lagavulin92

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2010
Heavy nics seem to never affect me much unless they're sweet. Then I get lightheaden and my stomach churns. :?

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Smoking my first English blend (early morning pipe) at the moment and am starting to get light headed.

I normally smoke aromatics. So am guessing the vitamin N is stronger than I'm used too

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
I get that light headed feeling and stomach turning too after the My Mixture 965 and some of the London from Dunhill, Jack Knife does it to me too. Gotta be the high NIC in these brands.

theotherspace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2011
Liverpool, UK
It sounds like the nic kick, make sure you keep hydrated and try and slow down when smoke those blends. Also when trying a new blend you will feel the impact of nic within about 20 mins, so try half a bowl to see what affect it will have, and don't smoke while driving or operating machinary!

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I intentionally stay away from nicotine heavy blends but I have experienced dizziness and nausea more than once. Being somewhat lightheaded isn't too bad, but it seems like I'm either fine or I completely cross the threshold into illness - no middle ground.
If I abstain from smoking a particular blend for awhile, I really notice the nicotine impact that even a "medium" strength blend can deliver.
For the most part, I have been smoking Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme of late. I find that to be a very mild tobacco and a couple bowls in a row wouldn't bother me - if I was so inclined.
I was on an Escudo kick for awhile but slowed down to preserve my supply. Usually the nicotine was never noticeable but the last time I smoked it I was uncomfortably dizzy. I think that was an aberration, however, and believe that your own bodily state will determine your reaction day to day. It's hard to predict with any certainty how a tobacco will make you feel unless you have a really regular pipe smoking pattern.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
I've felt nausea a couple of times but that was due to me accidentally inhaling the smoke.

If the nic kick gets too strong and i become too light headed i simply put the bowl down for about 30 mins and then light it up again.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Irish Oak is the only tobacco I've tried recently with a serious nic kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.