PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
I felt like griping a bit. Many of you already know I'm a new pipe smoker. I just got in the mail a beautiful unsmoked Stanwell 2007 pipe of the year (straight Rhodesian smooth)along with some Mac Barens Navy Flake (will be my first time trying a flake). Unfortunately, just as it arrived I came down with bronchitis. Alas, now all I can do is stare longingly at my beloved beauties, and dream of smoking days past. It has become a double edged sword as well because my lack of smoking has perked up my PAD. Oh well. A week or two and I'll get to puff once again.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sorry to hear it. I had a Peterson meer arrive that day I came down with the flu just 4 weeks ago, was a full 3 weeks before I could try it - so I feel your pain. Hope your recovery is smooth.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hope you get well soon to give those pipes a whirl mate.
I had phnuemonia when I was 24yrs old and again 4 yrs ago, smoked right through it but not as much as usual.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I thought this thread was about the Band Disturbed for the song Down with the sickness. I was pretty excited. I hope you feel better though.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Thanks for the well wishes. I've retired my pipes for a few weeks. Too bad too:I'm taking a trip to San Antonio this week. Ah well.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I don't know what I had but it lasted 3 weeks for me as well.I'm just now feeling well again.Hope you will be feeling better and enjoying your new pipe soon.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah. I had something similar happen with the flu this year.
I will say though, several strong nose exhales of Haddo's Delight wakes up the ole snout.

Status
Not open for further replies.