Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Getting Down With the Sickness

(12 posts)
  1. smokedragon

smokedragon

Login to Send PM

I felt like griping a bit. Many of you already know I'm a new pipe smoker. I just got in the mail a beautiful unsmoked Stanwell 2007 pipe of the year (straight Rhodesian smooth)along with some Mac Barens Navy Flake (will be my first time trying a flake). Unfortunately, just as it arrived I came down with bronchitis. Alas, now all I can do is stare longingly at my beloved beauties, and dream of smoking days past. It has become a double edged sword as well because my lack of smoking has perked up my PAD. Oh well. A week or two and I'll get to puff once again.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. rotschefeller

rotschefeller

Login to Send PM

That is a real bummer. Hopefully it will be that much sweeter when you finally get to smoke again. Get well soon.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, that totally sucks. Don't rush it. The pipe will be waiting. Get well soon.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's a bummer, but you'll enjoy the pipe all that much more once you get to smoke it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear it. I had a Peterson meer arrive that day I came down with the flu just 4 weeks ago, was a full 3 weeks before I could try it - so I feel your pain. Hope your recovery is smooth.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hope you get well soon to give those pipes a whirl mate.

I had phnuemonia when I was 24yrs old and again 4 yrs ago, smoked right through it but not as much as usual.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bummer man. Get better soon and do not rush back. Bronchitis is a bitch if you mess with it.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I hear ya. I had to leave work 3 hours early yesterday 'cuz I was getting something like bronchitis or chest congestion. Smoking right through it though and ducking out of the honey-do chores by claiming that I need to nap! Rest definitely helps...get plenty of sleep. I need to get over this...have TAD delivery coming tomorrow!

Russ
    Pipe smoking is true relaxation. Everything else is work.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I thought this thread was about the Band Disturbed for the song Down with the sickness. I was pretty excited. I hope you feel better though.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. smokedragon

smokedragon

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the well wishes. I've retired my pipes for a few weeks. Too bad too:I'm taking a trip to San Antonio this week. Ah well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't know what I had but it lasted 3 weeks for me as well.I'm just now feeling well again.Hope you will be feeling better and enjoying your new pipe soon.

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah. I had something similar happen with the flu this year.

I will say though, several strong nose exhales of Haddo's Delight wakes up the ole snout.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   peckinpahhombre, robertsonpoblete, willc, kcvet67, saint007, anthonyrosenthal74, darwin, torque, buzkirk, soymilkisgood, miller319, daimyo, inteus, curl, lochinvar, capital, apiperisdown, weezell, msandoval858, lestrout, gunslinger, smokeytay33, dochudson, catyrpelius, coalsmoke, settersbrace, deathandtaxes, dread