PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
http://www.freakingnews.com/Cigarette-Weapons-Pictures---2460.asp
The Ahmadinejad photo is especially over the top. Really uncalled for.
Some of these posters are really terribly done. The metaphors are either cliche or poorly thought out. I can just hear the dweebs that made these posters, "ummmm, like, smoking is really bad for you braa. It's like having a grenade for like, a heart." Morons.
If a bunch of pipe smokers were going to do anti-smoking-Nazi adds they would be more artful and creative I'm sure.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I wonder if anyone has fowarded this website to the proper tradmark owners? come to think of it......... I see lawsuits comming.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
These images are either ridiculous or kind of make smoking look super cool. I mean, who wouldn't want that cigar gun or to chew Red Man and Skoal like Bruce Lee?!?!
Hey, I've got an idea, next time show the kids pictures of cowboys and race car drivers smoking, maybe throw in some "smokin'" hot women, that oughta teach those young 'uns!!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Just one of many examples of the expressions of a population upon which mass mind control/hypnosis/propaganda has been exercised for decades. Distortion of reality...absence of understanding/critical thinking...blurred distinctions. Straining gnats and swallowing camels.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Crass propaganda spiced with lies, exaggeration and misinformation. I think psychologists call it aversion therapy.

Mindless, emotion-driven idiots can distort anything to shape opinion and evoke disgust.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Not quite the reaction I had guys. You're all suckers for guns, jets, fire, and knives aren't you? haha :roll:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
:rofl:
My favorites:

1) the belted cigars on the machine gun

2) Clint Eastwood

3) Of course the B-52 dropping nails.

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
Not really into all that, but a large portion of adolescents are attracted to that kind of imagery. That's the irony, more then half of those are just adding glamor, cool and street cred to smoking. The pipe ones are especially amusing when you consider how many Americans still think fondly of pipes and the cherry blends there grandparents and parents smoked.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Ironically, its the same liberal media that pushes these types of anti-tobacco adds as well as promotes the recreational use of marijuana. :?

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
That is because some people are diluted enough to think that if marijuana was legal, people won't have to smoke it, they'll just take it in pill form? I have talked to several people with this line of logic, but when my father in-law reaches for his "pain medicine" he also grabs a lighter. Quick and easy pain relief for his fibromyalgia and at the small cost of a few carcinogens.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
That is some of the most ridiculous crap I've ever seen!
+1
I'm a big Star Wars fan, and the Sith Lord one was a laugh.
It's pretty counterproductive, in the long run. People who smoke, KNOW they're damaging their health. Those dumb ads and analogies and metaphors, all they do, is alienate smokers from non-smokers, because smokers feel like it's an insult to their intelligence and then continue to make up their own minds as they would anyhow.
But it won't make the health crazies stop. They need something to have a charade and parade about, why? Either they're passionate without thinking of these facts ahead of time, or they're just bored, and need an actual pleasant hobby of their own. I recommend cribbage.
The anti-tobacco nuts kind of remind me of PETA, actually. Passionate and enraged, on a mission that has no clear attainable goal.
@maineyachtie - that page is obviously a joke, I'm not entirely sure if those that Photoshopped them are in on it, though. The anti-smoke nazis will either run with it, or turn hater because they can see what a farse it is.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
We should all remember what former President Bill Clinton did to Monica Lewinski with his cigar... Where is that piece of artwork in this collection?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.