PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
I'm New to pipe smoking and am interesting in purchasing a new pipe, I have a spending price of between 100 to 120 dollars, Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get myself a peterson, because I have read they a reasonable and reliable pipe. Please help me!!!!

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Here is a link to Peterson pipes for sale at Smokingpipes.com. They have a great variety and have a special right now where you get a free tin of Peterson tobacco with purchase. Click here to go to the website. I would suggest picking out a few that you find appealing and posting them here for advice on them. Sooner or later you will have a pipe that just speaks to you and you HAVE to buy it. Hopefully that will happen to you when looking over the pipes :). The website is a sponsor of this site and are very honest. Therefore, you can be assured that you will receive your pipe promptly and without hassle.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
I like that Kilarney Ebony. Been thinking about one of those for myself =p.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I love that Kilarney Ebony as well but it is too large for my tastes. You should buy it because I want it but cant have it because it is too large :wink:

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
$100 would buy TEN corncob pipes! :D
I'm not suggesting that, but my first pipe was a Missouri Meerschaum cob and I don't regret it. I still smoke them because they are cool, dry, quick to break in and have an easy draw.
You can buy a Peterson or Stanwell for around $70, and they are both good brands. I would recommend you stay away from the Peterson P-lip and System pipes until you have a back-up pipe. Some people like them, I don't.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Speaking of Stanwells,....that Hans Christian Andersen II comes with two stems for $130ish, a nice bent stem and a great long churchwarden.
I love the churchwarden,.....it's perfect for perching up on my beer-belly when I'm layed back in the recliner!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think Jimbo's advice is spot-on (but maybe buy only one or two cobs, Huh?). And the churchwarden might be an excellent choice for a new smoker because of the cooled-down smoke stream.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My personal choice would be the 312 . I have all three styles(in other finishes ) and all smoke very well. I just happen to like the looks of that one.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
You beat me to it Mason. :)

The Peterson 312 would make a very good starters pipe. It has a medium sized bowl that would smoke almost any tobacco and the System will almost completely eliminate the chance of tongue bite if you opt for the P-lip version.

Status
Not open for further replies.