Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The biggest April Fools is watching their manufacturing process. :rofl:
bb2cb-6-600x400.jpg

Jun 27, 2016
Funny, but it does remind me that I never was able to determine when the current-style bags were introduced. Was it after the Feb 2007 cut-off date? :puffpipe:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
That you would joke about something like that... some things should remain sacred, free from Fools Day humor. Strokes aren't funny... maybe sometimes, but generally not funny.

Jun 27, 2016
Germains picked the line up in '09, and they obviously changed the labels & I think the color of bag slightly. So based on what I can make of the deeming rules as they stand now, he might actually be right in at least a year and a half, if they don't go through the deeming process with each blend. Please correct me if I am mistaken, and forgive me if this has been answered already! :puffpipe:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Germains picked the line up in '09, and they obviously changed the labels & I think the color of bag slightly. So based on what I can make of the deeming rules as they stand now, he might actually be right in at least a year and a half, if they don't go through the deeming process with each blend. Please correct me if I am mistaken, and forgive me if this has been answered already! :puffpipe:
Actually, Germains has been making the Esoterica blends since 1989 or 1990. They were commissioned by Steve Richmond of The Piedmont Tobacconist.
There's a thread about this:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/esoterica-tobacciana-a-history

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I just admire these horses for standing there willing to let people strap all of that crap all over them! Must take an hour just to get it all in place!

Jun 27, 2016
sablebrush:

Actually, Germains has been making the Esoterica blends since 1989 or 1990. They were commissioned by Steve Richmond of The Piedmont Tobacconist.
My mistake, though something changed when 'Butera' was replaced with 'Arango'. I suppose I am trying to figure out when the current Arango bags came to be. Does anyone know? :puffpipe:

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I think their ox died and they can't find another to pull the delivery cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.